USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has to be one of the most blatantly racist posts I’ve ever read on Christian Forums.

You mean you approve of the rainbow coalition stuff, think it's part of God's Word maybe? Last rally by them that I saw showed they had no respect for the things of God.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean you approve of the rainbow coalition stuff, think it's part of God's Word maybe? Last rally by them that I saw showed they had no respect for the things of God.

You may want to clarify what you mean when you use the term "rainbow" in reference to race.
God is not a respecter of persons, based on race.
God does not care who your mother and father were.

The most important reference to genealogy in the Bible is found in Matthew 1:1.

John the Baptist made this clear to his own people in Matthew 3:9.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was a bit exaggarated. The Church places no restrictions on who you marry except they be Christian. Social Conservatism tends to view cross cultural mariages as undesirable, which is fair enough, but it is not the Church dogma.

Are you referencing the Roman Catholic Church here?

And who cares what social conservatism finds undesirable?

I find waterskiing undesirable, but I sure as heck don’t crusade against waterskiers, I simply don’t partake in the sport.

Social conservatism’s inflated sense of self importance at the expense of equality, justice and peace ought be rejected flat out by the honest follower of Christ.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I mean i reject the notion of preserving racial purity.
Such racist drivel as you have posted has no place in the Christian community, not to mention the community as a whole.

• Agree
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean i reject the notion of preserving racial purity.
Such racist drivel as you have posted has no place in the Christian community, not to mention the community as a whole.

Whatever you say gay-pride supporter. Oh, by the way, homosexuality is an abomination to God. It can... be forgiven though.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back to the subject of the thread...

The fulfillment of Daniel 9:24

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Mary Did You Know ?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: A71 and jgr
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 9:24 has NOT... been fulfilled yet. The final events of this world are what Dan.9:27 is about and is hard linked to the placing of the "abomination that maketh desolate" of Dan.11.

This is why Jesus in His Olivet Discourse, answering His disciples when they asked Him about the events to occur at the very end... of this world, warned about the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel.

This is why Apostle Paul also warned us about the coming false one to Jerusalem for the end to sit in the temple of God and proclaim himself as God, and over all that is worshiped or that is even called... God.

Who is deceived today about those coming events?

1. the Pre-tribulational rapturists for one, because they heed men's doctrines that tells them they'll be raptured away before any of these events happen.
2. the Preterists, because they think these events already happened.
3. the Historicists, because they think a pope is the Antichrist

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9:24 has NOT... been fulfilled yet.

So Christ was pulling everyone's leg.

Luke 24
Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures

Acts 13
And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Riiiiiiight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whatever you say gay-pride supporter. Oh, by the way, homosexuality is an abomination to God. It can... be forgiven though.

What are you babbling about?
Since when did homosexuality have anything to do with your belief that the races should not mix?
And why would you Call me a gay pride supporter just because I reject your stated notion that races should not mix?

Are you Feeling ok?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So Christ was pulling everyone's leg.

Luke 24
Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures

Acts 13
And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Riiiiiiight.

Talking about taking Scripture totally out of context! The Daniel 9:27 & 11 scripture in question has nothing to do with Jesus fulfilling it at His first coming. Jesus made NO covenant for a period of "one week" (7 years) and then broke it in the middle of the 7 years. Nor did Jesus anoint the most holy place in Jerusalem, and that is what the Dan.9:24 anointing the most holy is about.

To say Jesus fulfilled Dan.9:27 and thus Dan.11 which must go with it, is to say Jesus is the "vile person" and "little horn" of the Book of Daniel. Because some brethren are deceived on men's doctrines, they will taint our Lord Jesus with the identity of the "vile person" by saying Jesus fulfilled Dan.9:27, just so they can keep their false doctrine of man.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nor did Jesus anoint the most holy place in Jerusalem, and that is what the Dan.9:24 anointing the most holy is about.

You don't believe Christ's claims about Himself? Not a good move.

Is Daniel 9:24 about things concerning Christ? (Luke 24:44)
It sure is. The premil agrees, but insists on delaying them until the millennium.
But Christ said in the cited scriptures that He had already fulfilled them.

And He had a rather unrestrained description in Luke 24:25 of those who disbelieved it.

The only Scripture taken out of context is the Scripture whose plain message is rejected.

Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't believe Christ's claims about Himself? Not a good move.

Is Daniel 9:24 about things concerning Christ? (Luke 24:44)
It sure is. The premil agrees, but insists on delaying them until the millennium.
But Christ said in the cited scriptures that He had already fulfilled them.

And He had a rather unrestrained description in Luke 24:25 of those who disbelieved it.

The only Scripture taken out of context is the Scripture whose plain message is rejected.

Since you misapply the Luke 24:44 verse that way, then it would have to mean you do not believe there will be a literal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus, i.e, His second coming. Is that what you really believe?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you misapply the Luke 24:44 verse that way, then it would have to mean you do not believe there will be a literal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus, i.e, His second coming. Is that what you really believe?
I certainly do believe in a literal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus, i.e, His second coming. How is that precluded by what He has already fulfilled?

• Agree
Reactions: A71
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I certainly do believe in a literal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus, i.e, His second coming. How is that precluded by what He has already fulfilled?

The way you appear to be using that Luke 24:44 is to assume that all prophecy regarding our Lord Jesus has already been fulfilled at His first coming. Not true though, because we are given prophecy about His future return, which has not been fulfilled yet.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The way you appear to be using that Luke 24:44 is to assume that all prophecy regarding our Lord Jesus has already been fulfilled at His first coming. Not true though, because we are given prophecy about His future return, which has not been fulfilled yet.
You're assuming that I'm assuming. Your assumption is incorrect. No true historicist believes that all prophecy has already been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you referencing the Roman Catholic Church here?

And who cares what social conservatism finds undesirable.

I find waterskiing undesirable, but I sure as heck don’t crusade against waterskiers, I simply don’t partake in the sport.

Social conservatism’s inflated sense of self importance at the expense of equality, justice and peace ought be rejected flat out by the honest follower of Christ.
Sure, I agree, but Davy will then justifiably say:
"Who cares what liberalism finds undesirable or desirable"

The social conservative will say people should stick to their own types in terms of background, the liberal says life is a bowl of many fruits. Neither is a Christian position which is absolute. Moses married a black woman, Miriam and Aaron got all snotty, and God struck Miriam down with something. The only absolute is that Christians stick together. But within Christianity there are demographics, so to speak. one Church is full of black people, another is full of white people. It is not a sin. God does not have I believe congregational quotas.

I do wonder though whether God is black. It's just funny how Moses saw God's back and then elected to marry a black woman..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Those of the dispensational persuasion would have us believe that the accomplishments enumerated in Daniel 9:24 are not yet in fact accomplishments at all, but remain unfulfilled and delayed, and will only become reality at some indeterminate time in the future, when a millennial kingdom is established. The following assertion by Chuck Missler is typical:
“The scope of this prophecy includes a broad list of things which clearly have yet to be completed.”

Let us consult with the Apostle Peter.

2 Peter 1
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What would have been the sources of Peter's conviction about a more sure word of prophecy?

One of them was undoubtedly this -- the Emmaus road experience with Jesus -- of which Peter, if not in fact present as the unnamed second disciple, would have been made well aware. Jesus' admonition was rather pointed:

Luke 24

Peter was with all of the other disciples who heard this from Jesus:

Luke 24

Peter would certainly have been aware of this:

Acts 13

Given what Peter had to say, and of what he was aware; how would Peter have viewed Daniel 9:24?

Undoubtedly he would have asked the following:

From Luke 24:25, does what is written in Daniel 9:24 qualify as being among all that the prophets have spoken?

Unquestionably it does.

From Luke 24:27, does what is written in Daniel 9:24 qualify as being among what had been spoken of Christ concerning Himself?

Unquestionably it does.

Then Peter would have of necessity reached an inexorable conclusion:

According to Christ's own words in Luke 24:44, and Paul's inspired words in Acts 13:29; Christ fulfilled everything that was written of Him, which without exception included everything in Daniel 9:24; by the time of His resurrection. Through Christ's completed work at Calvary, there was nothing left undone of the enumerated accomplishments in Daniel's inspired prophecy. All were fulfilled. Nothing remained to await a future age.

It was the epitome of fulfilled spiritual reality – past, present, and for eternity.

This is how Peter would have viewed Daniel 9:24.

This is why he could declare unreservedly that we have a more sure word of prophecy.

And this is why, contrary to Bro. Missler, we too can recognize and claim that more sure word of prophecy, and the completion and fulfillment of “all that was written of Him” in the inspired words of Daniel 9:24.

Praise to the Lamb, and His complete and perfect accomplishments at Calvary.
Question: if what you state above is the intent of the Author, please tell us, was John mistaken in what he wrote in Revelation? Is Revelation then a history book?

Was Jesus mistaken when He said to John He was to show John things in the future?

Is Revelation 19 and 20 some events in history that no one can pinpoint when?

Thinking that would be silly in my mind: Jesus has NOT returned and set up His earthly Kingdom. Jesus has NOT returned with the armies of heaven and won the battle of Armageddon. Therefore there are still prophecies of Jesus that remain to be fulfilled.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.