✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Daniel 7 Contemporary.

Many people think that Dan.7 concerns history, however I believe & was taught that it is contemporary to us today. So let`s have a look -

After the vision of the Great Image, the overview of the Gentile world rulers, God then gives Daniel a vision. Daniel had a dream and a vision while he was in bed. He awoke and then wrote down the main facts.

`In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and vision while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling the main facts.
Daniel spoke saying, “I saw in my vision by night, & behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other.`` (Dan. 7: 1 – 3)

1. `Shall arise,` future to Daniel.

Now Belshazzar was the king at the very end of the Babylonian rule. So when we read of Daniel`s vision we realise that God is not speaking of Babylon but future kingdoms.

`Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings (representing kingdoms) which shall arise out of the earth.` (Dan. 7: 17)

2. Powers arise one at a time & continue contemporaneously.

These kingdom powers were yet to arise and were not in the time of Daniel. Each of the great powers come up one at a time, & then operates at the same time along with the others. Finally the last Power overpowers the others and become the last Gentile World ruler.

`The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces.` (Dan. 7: 23)

3. The first 3 powers continue on after the Lord returns.

When God finally deals with this terrible fourth beast, it is judged, but the other Powers are given an extension, although their power & authority is taken away.

`I watched because of the sound of the pompous words, which the horn was speaking: I watched till the beast was slain, and its body was given to the burning flame. As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.` (Dan. 7: 11 & 12)

Thus these first three Powers will go into the millennial rule of Christ through Israel over the nations.

So we have –
1.`Shall arise` future to Daniel.

What are your thoughts concerning these 3 reasons?

Marilyn.

Last edited:

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel spoke saying, “I saw in my vision by night, & behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other.`` (Dan. 7: 1 – 3).

Daniel has made it easy for us, so dont make this prophecy difficult.

There will appear only 4 Beast which will DIRECTLY affect the Jews people from the time of Daniel.

There are many big kingdoms such as Mongol, but it did not affect the Jews so its not included.

This link for your analysis :
The Little Horn of Daniel

The Roman Empire has fallen in the medieval ages but the papacy has reinstituted the power.

The 10 horns are the revived Roman Empire that will raise the antichrist.
Rev 17:12 The 10 horns you saw are 10 kings who have not yet received a kingdom

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

• Winner
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 7 Contemporary.

Many people think that Dan.7 concerns history, however I believe & was taught that it is contemporary to us today. So let`s have a look -

After the vision of the Great Image, the overview of the Gentile world rulers, God then gives Daniel a vision. Daniel had a dream and a vision while he was in bed. He awoke and then wrote down the main facts.

`In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and vision while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling the main facts.
Daniel spoke saying, “I saw in my vision by night, & behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other.`` (Dan. 7: 1 – 3)

Now Belshazzar was the king at the very end of the Babylonian rule. So when we read of Daniel`s vision we realise that God is not speaking of Babylon but future kingdoms.

`Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings (representing kingdoms) which shall arise out of the earth.` (Dan. 7: 17)

These kingdom powers were yet to arise and were not in the time of Daniel. Each of the great powers come up one at a time, & then operates at the same time along with the others. Finally the last Power overpowers the others and become the last Gentile World ruler.

`The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces.` (Dan. 7: 23)

When God finally deals with this terrible fourth beast, it is judged, but the other Powers are given an extension, although their power & authority is taken away.

`I watched because of the sound of the pompous words, which the horn was speaking: I watched till the beast was slain, and its body was given to the burning flame. As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.` (Dan. 7: 11 & 12)

Thus these first three Powers will go into the millennial rule of Christ through Israel over the nations.

So we have –
  1. `Shall arise` future to Daniel.

Marilyn.

36This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. 37Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

The four kingdoms is sequential from the Babylonian king who was declared as the head of gold, down to the lesser kingdoms that followed Babylon, like Persia, Grecian and Roman.

Sorry to have to inform you that Jesus isn't going to rule on earth, his Kingdom is heavenly in his Father's house.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
36This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. 37Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. 38And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

The four kingdoms is sequential from the Babylonian king who was declared as the head of gold, down to the lesser kingdoms that followed Babylon, like Persia, Grecian and Roman.

Sorry to have to inform you that Jesus isn't going to rule on earth, his Kingdom is heavenly in his Father's house.

Hi Times,

I so agree with concerning where Jesus will rule from - far above all.

Now in my OP I have asked people what they thought of the 3 reasons. Can you do that?

BTW you have talked about Dan. 2 & NOT Dan. 7.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will endeavour to answer you from point 3. 2. And then 1.

First 3. -

The Lord's return is after the Great and terrible day of the Lord. The earth is totally destroyed and life is unsustainable. God says that if he had not cut those days short, that no flesh will remain alive.

Therefore no earthly power will remain after the Lord returns and all earthly nations would have been obliterated. Read Zephaniah 1:18.

Secondly 2. -

Yes, up to a point where Jesus starts to destroy them on the great day of battle...Zechariah 14:2-3.

Lastly 1. -

This is your opening premise that I would like to re-address to you as follows.....

these first three Powers will go into the millennial rule of the Anti-Christ through Anti-Israel over the apostatised nations.

The Monarch Jesus was crowned and he ascended up on high to sit on the throne of David as the Shiloh in Genesis 49:10, who came to take the sceptre with him as our Kingly High Priest. Therefore Jesus Christ has Israel's sceptre and all who are gathered onto him are the Israel of God. Therefore God took away the dominion of the kingdom of man and restored and established it within the Kingdom of Heaven under Christ Jesus. (Daniel 2:44)

Daniel's 2:44 states that....

44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

So no earthly Kingdom of man will share in his Kingdom.

So Yes to your question, the three powers will side with the Anti-Christ who poses as the earthly Jewish messiah, by setting himself up in the kingdom of man Anti-Israel.

That is why I answered your three points in reverse so that you can understand that what I had put in bold is the truth in this matter required to answer 2. and 3..

Please think deeply and reflect.

Hi The Times,

Thank you for addressing my OP. I appreciate that, & not just people down loading their view & not entering into a proper discussion.

3. You say that the earth will be destroyed when the Lord comes. What scriptural evidence do you have for this.

2. Zeph. 1: 18 (your scripture)

`Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them. In the day of the Lord`s wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of His jealousy, for he will make a speedy riddance of all those who dwell in the land.` (Zeph. 1: 18)

Reading in context we see that the Lord is referring to the land of Israel where the armies of the world gather at Armageddon & come down throughout Israel destroying & killing all. It is not the whole earth as other scriptures show us.

`And it shall come to pass that every one who is left of all the nations which came up against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King...` (Zech. 14: 16)

1. As to the Body of Christ taking over from Israel that is not so. The Body of Christ was kept secret till the Lord told the Apostle Paul the revelation. It was not known to the prophets of old & God never revealed it to them.

`I Paul,...by revelation He (God) made known to me the mystery......which was NOT made known to the sons of men, as it has been revealed by the Spirit to His apostles & prophets; that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body...` (Eph. 3: 1 - 6)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

These Four Beasts are From Babylon to Rome, however there is a Fifth Beast that arises out of the Fourth, he is the Little Horn/Anti-Christ/Beast. It is irrelevant who the King was at the time of the dream.

This last Beast is the Little Horn, and End Time Event. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome has already fallen, BUT their lives were prolonged, unlike the Last Beast which is a Man, he will be given to the Burning Flame as soon as he is killed, but the other four were not destroyed as soon as they lost dominion. Babylon was where Alexander the Great lived and where he died. Persia is Iran today, it yet lives with limited powers. Greece and Rome are still around. That is what that verse means. To prove this lets look at the Anti-Christ/Beast in Revelation 19 to see if it matches up.

Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

I watched because of the sound of the pompous words, which the horn was speaking: I watched till the beast was slain, and its body was given to the burning flame. As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.` (Dan. 7: 11 & 12)

So we have –
  1. `Shall arise` future to Daniel.

The three powers do not go into thee millennial reign. You have misunderstood this scripture. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome's powers were all taken away, they lost their Dominion, but yet lived a while longer. This Little Horn/Beast/Anti-Christ will die as soon as he is defeated, and be cast straight into hell. And a 1000 years later Satan (Devil) will join them.

Rev. 20:
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire (1000 years later) and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1. Only Persia, Greece, Rome and the Little Horn/Anti-Christ arise future to Daniel, Babylon doesn't.

2. One Beast Conquers another or takes over in its place, until we get to Rome. There is no Beast after Rome because there is no Israel living in its own home land, thus there can be no Beast until she lives again. Ezekiel's Valley of Dry Bones is fulfilled, Israel is as Dead Men's Bones !! BUT....Can those bones live again !! YES and they did come alive again in 1948, thus we can now see a new Beast arise. The Anti-Christ will rise soon. He is already alive, IMHO. (I was shown in a vision 30 years ago he is in the World NOW.)

3. I have already explained this. They live on after thy lose their Dominion, of course, until the end times or for a while in Babylons case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason why Christ's bride, that is his Church was cloaked in mystery, that was kept from the eyes of the Old Testament Prophets, was because she was waiting in her closet and was not yet revealed, until the bridegroom came in to consecrate her.
Hi Times,

I see we disagree on quite a few points, however to follow these would get us off track. So back to my OP do you see Dan. 7 as historic or contemporary?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These Four Beasts are From Babylon to Rome, however there is a Fifth Beast that arises out of the Fourth, he is the Little Horn/Anti-Christ/Beast. It is irrelevant who the King was at the time of the dream.

This last Beast is the Little Horn, and End Time Event. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome has already fallen, BUT their lives were prolonged, unlike the Last Beast which is a Man, he will be given to the Burning Flame as soon as he is killed, but the other four were not destroyed as soon as they lost dominion. Babylon was where Alexander the Great lived and where he died. Persia is Iran today, it yet lives with limited powers. Greece and Rome are still around. That is what that verse means. To prove this lets look at the Anti-Christ/Beast in Revelation 19 to see if it matches up.
Hi Revealing Times,

Thank you for addressing my 3 reasons in the OP. Now we know how the Lord judged the Babylonian rule.

`God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it;....You have been weighed in the balances & found wanting;...your kingdom has been divided and given to the Medes and Persians.` (Dan. 5: 26 - 28)

We also know that God judged each Gentile Rulership (government) from Babylon to Rome. Those governments have all come & gone. There will be no revival of any of them. God is not going to revive what He has judged & man cannot revive what God has judged. Yes people & lands are there, but that is NOT what God was judging. He was judging the governments of those kingdoms.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.