Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see that sentence being much different than the following. And the following I wouldn't assume a poor writer was behind it.

Genesis 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Yet 1 Thessalonians 4:17 proves the rapture closely follows after the dead in Christ rise first. IOW both events are part of the same event at the time, unlike in Genesis 4:2 where these are not part of the same event at the time, where it's obvious that Cain and Abel are born first, and at some point into adulthood, one becomes a keeper of sheep, the other a tiller of the ground.

It's usually not a poor writer, but a poor translator. Certainly the OT has NO capitalization and NO punctuation, so the translators freely help themselves according to their biases and expectations. So we get such nonsense as, "seven and sixty-two", for which there is NO precedent either in Scripture or History.

But as for the NT, I can only explain the context as already asserted.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't see that sentence being much different than the following. And the following I wouldn't assume a poor writer was behind it.

Genesis 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Yet 1 Thessalonians 4:17 proves the rapture closely follows after the dead in Christ rise first. IOW both events are part of the same event at the time, unlike in Genesis 4:2 where these are not part of the same event at the time, where it's obvious that Cain and Abel are born first, and at some point into adulthood, one becomes a keeper of sheep, the other a tiller of the ground.
Where did Paul come up with the term, "gathering?"

the dead in Christ (their bodies) fly up out of the ground into the air.
Instantly following, those alive and in Christ are caught up - into the air.

Then, TO-GETHER they will be caught up to Jesus in the air and in the clouds.

And there is your "gathering."

So OF COURSE anyone that can read clearly knows by these words that the catching up of those alive and in Christ will come instantly after the dead in Christ.

You have been right all along on this point.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It's usually not a poor writer, but a poor translator. Certainly the OT has NO capitalization and NO punctuation, so the translators freely help themselves according to their biases and expectations. So we get such nonsense as, "seven and sixty-two", for which there is NO precedent either in Scripture or History.

But as for the NT, I can only explain the context as already asserted.

Thanks,
DaDad
Hmmm: "four score and seven years ago..."

Upvote 0

DaDad

Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are really good at ignoring certain words: such as THEN

I DID insert the word "then" to make everyone happy:

Donald Trump was born in New York City and became President.
Donald Trump was born in New York City and then became President.

Did you want TWO "then's"?

Donald Trump was then born in New York City and then became President.

Whatever it takes to make you happy ...

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. When the Millennial Kingdom is over, and the New Jerusalem arrives, they which are alive on earth shall ascend to "meet"/join the LORD at the New Jerusalem to be with HIM forever in the air. And the heavens and earth shall pass away.

Or so it would appear,
DaDad
Only to you, DaDad, does it so appear. It does NOT so appear to untold millions of believers alive today. It did not so appear to many of our commentators either. No, I think you stand alone on this belief.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I DID insert the word "then" to make everyone happy:

Donald Trump was born in New York City and became President.
Donald Trump was born in New York City and then became President.

Did you want TWO "then's"?

Donald Trump was then born in New York City and then became President.

Whatever it takes to make you happy ...

Thanks,
DaDad
Nice sidestep from the REAL issue here: there Is a "then" in 1 thes. 4

Upvote 0

DaDad

Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm: "four score and seven years ago..."

A dozen and a half; a cup and a quarter; one hundred and fifty and three; -- but a ~pair of shoes costing seven and sixty-two dollars plus tax~? I think not.

Although I heard a guy say that he's forty and twenty-five. So maybe you really do have something there.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only to you, DaDad, does it so appear. It does NOT so appear to untold millions of believers alive today. It did not so appear to many of our commentators either. No, I think you stand alone on this belief.
Hey, welcome to my world. I can tell you the TRUTH that the Commentators haven't clue about. But I equally suspect that I'm really not alone, and there are "seven thousand" others who have also received from GOD.

Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DaDad said in post #80:

The Martyred are resurrected when Jesus Returns, and the rest of the dead are resurrected after the thousand years.

No, all Christians of all times, including the martyred, are resurrected when Jesus returns (1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,52, Revelation 20:4-6), and the rest of the dead are resurrected after the thousand years (Revelation 20:5-15).

DaDad said in post #82:

[Re: 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17]

There is . . . a 1,000 year span between verses 16 & 17.

Not at all. For verse 17 is the same second-coming event as Matthew 24:31 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1.

• Winner
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums