Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Daniel 11:40-45 ~ Prophecy on the cusp of fulfillment? Who is king of the south & north? The king of the south, Islam? The king of the north, Catholicism & Protestants? Pope Francis appears to be maneuvering key players in place.

Dan 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
Dan 8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

Sorry about being off subject but related in some what concerning the king of the north and the south.

Based upon what I read in scripture, it is my view that God doesn't mention North and West "in this context" because they are opposites of the South and East, whom the context shows the "little horn" is coming against. God was not really talking about physical nations north, south, or east of national Israel. God is talking about something spiritually.

Allow me to explain. The short version is that in scripture, the King of the north is often a synonym for Satan's Kingdom. While the king of the south, being the direct opposite, is often used to signify those working on God's behalf, for example the church. An opposite or opposing direction from the North. Likewise the west is opposite of the east. Thus west and north are not used in this context because Satan is coming against those supposed to be working on God's behalf, see? An example of the south can be seen as Christ used the queen of the south (queen of Sheba who came up to the Kingdom of Solomon to worship the Lord) as an example of those coming to repentance.

Matthew 12:42
  • "The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
Or another example, in Daniel 11 when the king of the south is prophesied to be strong and have dominion. Until in the end of years the north and south join forces when the daughter of the king of the south makes an agreement or covenant with the king of the north, signifying a falling away of the professed Christians by agreeing with the false prophets and Christs with spirit of Antichrist. Just as segments of the Church are today in agreement with the world, and have (for all intents and purposes) "joined forces with them" to make their church more appealing to the world with "you best life now" lies. The sad truth is, in most Churches you can't tell the difference between them and the world. Of course, in Daniel, this makes the queen of the south to then become the enemy of God. For example, we are either in agreement with one kingdom or the other. But not both. Spiritual adulterers who have gone after other gods. Much like the harlot in Revelation. Or even as recorded in James.

James 4:4
  • "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
Which is what the Christians of the Church today can't seem to get through their thick skulls. An agreement with the king of the north, is automatically betrayal and spiritual adultery. North and South, they are at opposite polls.

Likewise, the East has always represented the coming of light, the dawn of illumination. It is where the sun rises, signifying the risen Christ, and the spiritual rebirth, as it is the dawn of a new day. For example, the star in the east foretelling Christ. Those from the east represent God's messengers. In that context of the little horn coming against the east, the west would not be in agreement with the context. It is an opposite of the east. And the little horn is coming against the east, which represents the Lord's people. As for example a like-illustration in Revelation 16, the people of the east signifying God's people.

Revelation 16:12
  • "And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."
Here the kings of the east are God's people! Not Chinese armies as some believe.

Likewise, the pleasant land of Daniel is a synonym for the land of Israel, the shadow which was the historical pleasant home of God's people when they came forth out of Egypt (and we being brought out of spiritual bondage). Israel "IS" typed all throughout scripture as the pleasant (meaning beautiful) or glorious land. For example, pleasant, a land pleasurable, flowing with milk and honey, beautiful to the eyes, glorious in it's appearance. That land Daniel speaks of is the land of God's people.

Ezekiel 20:5-6
  • "And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when I chose Israel, and lifted up mine hand unto the seed of the house of Jacob, and made myself known unto them in the land of Egypt, when I lifted up mine hand unto them, saying, I am the LORD your God;
  • In the day that I lifted up mine hand unto them, to bring them forth of the land of Egypt into a land that I had espied for them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands:"
This is the pleasant land. So when the prophesy is of the little horn "waxing exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land," God is actually talking about the signifies of the power of Satan allowed to come up against the Lord's congregations. This power only last for a little season. The context also bears this out. As when Satan is loosed in power for this little season, he gathers the world to come up against "the camp of the saints," the CHURCH, which corresponds to the little horn. Spiritually, this is toward the south, east and pleasant or beautiful land.

Now with that explained, what do you think about the king of the north and the south in Daniel 11 that God was really talking about? Remember, it is a spiritual war that speaks about His New Testament congregation where Satan is loosened to pitch his palace in the CONGREGATION of Israel, the Church, ruling through the false prophets and christs until his end. The end is the Second Coming of Christ.

(Dan 11:44) But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
(Dan 11:45) And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Upvote 0

wilco

Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
ANCHORAGE
✟46,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for replying. The spiritual kingdom of the north is God's kingdom. Satan wanted to exalt his throne above God's throne, which is on the farthest side of the north. Isaiah 14:13, yes?

I do agree that spiritual meaning is in prophecy but also there has to be some literal meaning as well and this is where it gets to be difficult. In old testament times because of Israel's location armies that attacked Israel or went through came either from the north or south.

The dream of Nebuchadnezzar is a revealing prophecy of kingdoms to come in immediate secession of one another starting with Babylon. From the feet and toes(Rome divided) comes the little horn, Papal Rome. In chapter 7 God gives 9 identifying points. 1- verse 7-8 comes up among the horns.This is divided Rome of western Europe ,476 A.D. 2- In verse 24 the little horn rises after the larger horn(divided Europe) in 538 A.D. 3- Verse 24 shall be different than the other horns, church and state enforcing laws and dogmas. 4- Verse 24 subdue 3 kings. The three tribes of Heruli, Vandals, and the Ostrogoth's were wiped out because they would not bow down to Papal Rome. 5- Verse 8 eyes of a man.This is symbolic of intelligence, compared to the Germanic tribes of that time who were illiterate. 6- Verse 25 speak pompous words against the Most High. Paul mention this also 2 Thessalonians 2:4. The Popes call them selves the vicar of God, hold them selves of God on earth(Pope Leo XIII). 7- Verse 25 persecute the saints of the Most High. Millions upon millions were slaughtered during the dark ages. Pope John II issued a world apology in 1995 for these atrocities. 8- Verse 25 intend to change times and laws. That would be God's law. The 2nd removed, the 4th changed the Sabbath from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week. Divided the 10 commandment to make 10 because the 2nd was removed. 9- Verse 25 the saints are persecuted for time, times, and half a time. A time is a year, 360 days in biblical terms so thats 3 1/2 years = 1260 years. A day in prophecy = a year. Ezekiel 4:6, Numbers 14:34. Papal Rome came to power in 538 A.D. and fell to Napoleon in 1798 exactly for 1260 years.

Now in verse 44 its not spiritual here but literal. The time of the end are these days we are living now, yes? The kingdom of the south is Islam, look at the mass soft invasion I call it. For the time being the Europeans are passive to say the least but in time something happens to enrage the king of the north, Europe, U.S.(Catholicism and apostate Christians). Then the king of the north passes through the Glorious Land literally subdues Saudi Arabia, Jordan,(Turkey & gulf states as well?)
Now here its spiritual, the news from the east and the north is the impending coming of Christ. When Christ comes its like lighting flashing from east to west. God's kingdom is in the far north. He shall come to his end and no one will help him(literal), this also meshes with Revelation 17.

Christs church is spiritual Israel. All who are in Christ is Israel. Galatians 3:16, 26-29

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 11:40-45 ~ Prophecy on the cusp of fulfillment? Who is king of the south & north? The king of the south, Islam? The king of the north, Catholicism & Protestants? Pope Francis appears to be maneuvering key players in place.

In verse 32 the tales of the Greek kingdoms suddenly stop and in verses 33-35 we see Israel being spoken of as being tried and many turning "White" (blood of Jesus) and then the end times is suddenly upon us. I said all that to say this, the King of verse 40 is the King of verse 36, he is not called the King of the North there but its the same end time King, because verse 35 send us to the END TIME !!

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white (Jesus Blood), even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

So we must understand 36-39 is the same King, knowing that lets look at 40-45.

We are told in Dan. 7 where the last King arises, out of the old Fourth Beasts territory or Europe sans the old Roman Empire now seemingly known as the European Union. We are then told via Dan. ch 8 that the Little Horn will arise out of the lineage of the GRECIAN EMPIRE via a man called the Little Horn in verse 9-12. So this King arises in two places or Kingdoms at once, God always gives us riddles to solve and usually on;y time will solve them, he Greece is in the European Union. The E.U. is North and East of any of the Kings of the South and Israel who are of course the Mediterranean Sea Region which of course the Region all of the Bests always occupied, from Babylon to Rome. (Even Egypt and Assyria id we are speaking the Seven Headed Beast of Rev. 13)

Thus is now makes sense:

Dan. 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

These verses in Dan. ch. 8 gives us more detail in where he comes from and goes to:

Dan. 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven (Jewish Peoples); and it cast down some of the host and of the stars(Jerusalem/Israeli Government) to the ground, and stamped upon them.

So this "Little Horn" moves his forces towards the EAST/SOUTH and Israel. He comes out of the Northeast then, which of course is Europe/Greece as we can see on this Mediterranean Sea Map:

Mediterranean_rel82.jpg

The King of the North pushes South ad East and to the Holy Land. He comes out of the old Fourth Beast territory and from the lineage of Alexander the Greats Kingdoms, and hes an Assyrian, or of Turkish descent. Only Greece fits, its right beside Turkey, thus many Turks live there, and its in the E.U. or old Roman Empire's footprint.

The King of the South will be an North Africa, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Syria and maybe others, alignment. The Beast and his European Union partners (10 Kings) will wipe them out in short order, he will be a ruthless tyrant.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thus is now makes sense:

No, it does not. You are interpreting prophecies with carnal mind, with world map, with political nation, with world history instead of biblical history which these empires were only a type of new testament congregation enemies. You are obsessed with National Israel and a physical war which is not what God prophesied about in Daniel 11.

Dan. 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Do you even know what are these horsemen?

Compare this with Revelation 9:

Rev 9:5-11
[5] And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
[6] And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
[7] And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
[8] And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
[9] And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
[10] And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
[11] And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

These are the horsement that Daniel talked about. Not a physical horsemen. Not a physical tanks. Not a physical soldiers with guns. They are the false prophets and christs who sting men with false doctrines like a scorpions that can hurt men who seek salvation. Listen carefully to what Christ said about the scorpions:

Luk 10:18-20
[18] And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
[19] Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
[20] Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

The scorpions are men with spirit of antichrist who are coming with false doctrines and lying signs and wonders. You can pick it up and it will not hurt you because you know the false doctrines when you hear it because you are sealed by the Holy Spirit! That is the whole point.

Now in Daniel, he was talking about a massive armies of false prophets and christs coming with false doctrines all over the world to deceive men. Only these men who have NOT yet sealed by God.

Rev 9:3-4
[3] And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
[4] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Christ has removed the power of the scorpions at the Cross so that it will not hurt any men who wants to seek salvation until the fulness of the Gentiles be coming into the church, THEN the scorpions will RECEIVE POWER once again when they come out of the bottomless pit. They are the spirit who works within men to deceive many. They are told that they only can hurt those in the congregation of God who have NOT sealed (saved) by God which is why there are many people who will seek salvation or have desired to be saved will not be able to find it. Because they are been SPIRITUALLY harmed by the scorpions.

God was not talking about tanks with chemical warfare here. Not helicopters with scorpions tail as some suggested. Spiritual discernment. The false prophets and christs of the New Testament congregation is the most deadly thing even done to the church! Because they deceive men from salvation!

It is because God used them as a judgment upon his unfaithful congregation where professed christians do not love the truth but following after the false prophets and christs. So they believe their lies to their spiritual death.

Nothing to do with national israel or any modern nations at all. The warfare is IN the New Testament congregation... if you have spiritual eyes to see what is really going on today!

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, it does not. You are interpreting prophecies with carnal mind, with world map, with political nation, with world history instead of biblical history which these empires were only a type of new testament congregation enemies. You are obsessed with National Israel and a physical war which is not what God prophesied about in Daniel 11.
Of course I was not referring to you, nothing makes sense to you if its correct. Look friendo, I don't mean to be mean but I don't take you serious as a person understanding the bible in any wise.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Of course I was not referring to you, nothing makes sense to you if its correct. Look friendo, I don't mean to be mean but I don't take you serious as a person understanding the bible in any wise.

I do not care who you are referring to or what you think about me. My posts are here for a purpose to correct your false teachings and as a public record for ANYONE to read and decide for themselves. Of course, I won't win everyone, but at least I will have some people to read, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0