Dangerous Flu Vaccine coming soon.....

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Herd immunity requires something like 90% of the population for whooping cough. In California, vaccination rates are about 50% and that is why we have had over 4,000 cases in this year alone.
The area where I experienced the whooping cough outbreak was in an area that had a 98% vaccination rate. I currently live in an area where there are MANY that do not vaccinate and selectively delay vaccinations. There have not been outbreaks here. Like I said, I believe there are many other variables at play, including that vaccinations are limited in and of themselves.

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The area where I experienced the whooping cough outbreak was in an area that had a 98% vaccination rate. I currently live in an area where there are MANY that do not vaccinate and selectively delay vaccinations. There have not been outbreaks here. Like I said, I believe there are many other variables at play, including that vaccinations are limited in and of themselves.

It could have been a strain that the vaccine didn't cover.

Saying that an area that doesn't vaccine is safe now because it hasn't had any outbreaks isn't wise. If measles or mumps gets into the community it could be very bad.

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It could have been a strain that the vaccine didn't cover.

Saying that an area that doesn't vaccine is safe now because it hasn't had any outbreaks isn't wise. If measles or mumps gets into the community it could be very bad.
I didn't say that it made it "safe". I simply said that they haven't had any outbreaks. Again, I don't believe that vaccinations are the make or break of outbreaks. Do they limit them, perhaps. There are flaws on either extreme of this issue.

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know, there is a very simple way that you can test this. Look at the mortality rate for diseases before and after a vaccine was introduced, and then look at the mortality rate attributed to the vaccine itself.

I did. And i noticed how the disease was always on the decline then that vaccine came out and took the credit.
I also noticed how viruses and bacteria do evolve and or go away on there own or as we make improvement in society and/or health. bubonic plague, Cholera, and the 1918 flu are great examples of this.

Can you show me a disease that was on a strong incline then started declining as soon as we got a vaccine for it?

If you want, I can do this for you. VAERS provides access to the raw data on their site so if you give me about 12 hours or so to complete my daily tasks I'll crunch the numbers for you for 50560 incidents reported in the VAERS database last year. Just list the vaccine (H1N1, Flu, HPV, MMR,...) and what symptoms you want me to look for (paralysis, death,sore throat,...) and I will find the numbers for you.

data

Great! Lets start with the H1N1 vaccine.

Upvote 0

lemmings

Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
California
✟18,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Great! Lets start with the H1N1 vaccine
Done, sorry it took a while.

There where a total of 32,748 non duplicate entries in the 2009 database.
Of these 7,126 where related to the H1N1 vaccine.

death: 39
paralysis: 12
autism: 0 <-really?
blindness: 4
deafness: 7

Rockaction can explain these numbers better than I can so I'll leave it to him, but be aware, not all of these cases are results of the vaccine since when you have a sample population in the millions you will always have unrelated deaths in the sample data, especially when the numbers are this low.

Upvote 0