Dallas Officer Amber Guyger Arrested, Charged With Manslaughter In Death Of Botham Jean

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/09...guyger-arrested-fatally-shooting-botham-jean/
Late Thursday evening, the off-duty Dallas officer, who was still in uniform, shot and killed Jean in his apartment at the Southside Flats complex after she apparently mistook his unit as her own.

Dallas police put the Texas Rangers in charge of the investigation, which is why, according to Police Chief Renee Hall, a warrant was put on hold for her arrest. The department had requested a warrant on Friday.
tulc(will be watching this case) :sigh:

• Informative
Reactions: Yarddog

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sadly, the media keep harping on the "unarmed black man" meme (as they do especially during election cycles) in spite of that race has not been shown to have played a part in this.

This woman behaved recklessly, inattentively, and stupidly.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, the media keep harping on the "unarmed black man" meme (as they do especially during election cything ycles) in spite of that race has not been shown to have played a part in this.
Where exactly in this article does the media say anything like this?
I'm interested in learning how she got access to this gentleman's apartment. Also how she could mistake the two places.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where exactly in this article does the media say anything like this?

I'm interested in learning how she got access to this gentleman's apartment. Also how she could mistake the two places.

Latest information down here is that his apartment door was unlocked.

So she had entered the apartment while he was inside.

Maybe with her having thought it was her apartment, the door being unlocked put her on alert that something was wrong.

And her highly trained police perception noted that someone had switched out all the furniture, changed all the pictures, and painted the walls a different color.

That's when she knew for certain there were shenanigans afoot.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, the media keep harping on the "unarmed black man" meme (as they do especially during election cycles) in spite of that race has not been shown to have played a part in this.

Well. He was unarmed & black. Those are facts. I don't see that being harped on in the link shown.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's sad the man had his life taken from him while there in his own home.
My first thought is she had to be drunk. Who can't determine that this is her own apartment or not?

Sure enough, I'm not the only one to have this thought.
"Hall said investigators obtained a blood sample from Guyger to test for drugs and alcohol.

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings thanked the Texas Rangers and praised Hall, who asked the state agency to take over the investigation."

https://wgno.com/2018/09/10/dallas-police-officer-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-unarmed-neighbor/amp/

He was just minding his own business inside his own house, for goodness sakes!

Then, I thought that this had to be someone she knew, and this story is a cover story.

Some have reported this: Amber Guyger, or Amy Gyger, allegedly had some type of relationship with Jean, 26, before he reportedly opened the door she was trying to force her way into and shot him dead on the spot, according to hundreds of tweets as of Saturday morning. https://newsone.com/3825718/amber-guyger-amy-gyger-dallas-police-shooting/

We shall see how this develops and what the real story is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why does the right always want to make it about race?

Fact is, Dallas has a remarkably good relationship between police and minorities. They have one of the lowest rates of police shooting civilians in the country. During the BLO march, police and demonstrators were posing together for pictures and cooperating with each other.

When the out-of-town sniper opened up, BLO members helped the police get people to safety and helped them locate the sniper.

This was a stupid and inexcusable mistake by a police officer, and it's going to go badly for her. The gentleman who was shot was apparently a fine person, an active member of his church, and his death is a loss to the community.

The police officer's situation is also a tragedy. It appears that she didn't go home planning on killing an innocent man. Two lives ruined; we should mourn for both of them, even if she bears the blame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0