• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Dallas man accused of fatally shooting burglar and going back to bed before calling 911

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Sep 30, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    Dallas man accused of fatally shooting burglar and going back to bed before calling 911

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. John P. Alexander

John P. Alexander Servant

+513
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    A storage shed is not a place of residence and he shouldn't have shot the man to begin with. I seriously doubt his story of the man stepping towards him considering the rest of the story.

3. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    I don’t see the problem with bothering the police before a shift change. it is not like the criminal that was shot was going anywhere.

4. Bro. Dave Gardner

Bro. Dave Gardner Member

+62
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I guess the courts will have to settle it. That's what they're for, after all.

5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,413
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Is there a law that says "you can't shoot someone then go back to bed before calling 911"? I guess it would have been ok if he had called 911 before he went back to bed.

Actually we need to know where the fatal round hit the man before passing judgment.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,545
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    His failing to report it definitely does not help his case.

7. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,328
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    If he didn't know he hit him, there was nothing to report.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Goonie

+8,545
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Yes there was a burglary with multiple shots fired. For all he knew his firing a bullet ‘into the night’ as the article put it could have hit someone completely innocent. So there was everything to report.

9. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,328
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I don't know of any law saying you have to report either of those things. Could be, I've just never heard of it.

10. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    He shot at a person that was running away, that’s why he was charged, that is not self-defense.

11. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,054
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    What nonsense. The article makes it quite clear the criminal was going somewhere. Into the park, as it turns out.

12. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,911
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
  13. Ana the Ist

+7,911
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I know....it's getting so that you can't even break into anyone's property these days without being shot.

14. Ana the Ist

+7,911
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    You'd definitely need to report firing your gun at your residence. I'm pretty sure there's going to be local or state laws against doing that sort of thing without a permit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Goonie

+8,545
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Sorry but last time I checked interrupting a burglary does not give you the right to kill. The burglar was fleeing and not a threat, so after that first shot at the house he has little defence, especially since his shot as the burglar was fleeing was in his own words ‘into the night’. He could have hit anyone. As old wise guy says, it will be down the autopsy what he is eventually prosecuted for, was he shot from the front, or the back whilst fleeing.

16. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,719
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    The shooter will probably say the guy was doing a roundhouse kick so he had to defend himself before the kick connected.

17. Ana the Ist

+7,911
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Depends, I don't know if there are any "castle laws" in Texas or if they account for include people breaking into your property in your yard.

No offense but they'll need to show that the shot fired "into the night" was the one that killed him. Maybe they have evidence for it....maybe this will get dismissed. Maybe they'll reduce the charges to negligent discharge of a firearm.

It will depend upon the evidence...but even if he shot the guy in the back in his yard, he can always say the guy turned at the last second.

It's the attitude towards these incidents I find surprising. Nobody gets outraged really when a cop gets shot and or killed....because to some degree, people understand that's a possible hazard for that occupation. Well, it's the same hazard if you try to steal people's property at 5am....you might get shot. I'm sure someone will miss him...just not me.