✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
a'miepje said:
i stil dont understand what makes it different from other studybibles.......can anyone explain what is different etc?

Well a'miepje, I'm not sure of ALL the differences but I know that Dake comes from but not limited to "Charasmatic/Penticostal" point of view. Such as, numerous ref for women in leadership positions, the gifts in operation today, etc. That's all I know.

Just as with any study Bible, I would not rely totally on someone else's notes. We must study for ourselves with the guidence of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I use the Dake Bible more than twenty years now. I haven't seen a better study bible yet... doubt wether I ever will see one! The Dake Bible is under attack by people who don't want you to grow in knowledges and think it is the height of wisdom when you stay mystified about almost everything the bible reveals. The opponents of the Dake Bible all shun an open debate in connection with the argumentations and evidences as found in that study bible. Because, they know they will be exposed as 'false accusers'. Well, I invite everyone who has doubts about this wonderful study bible to check it out him/herself... I never regretted it having purchased the Dake's Annotated Reference Bible!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gideon4God said:
http://www.megalink.net/~qoheleth/dakes.htm

Here's a review...I've heard only the negitive.
I do not know how many commentaries/bible helps I have owned down through the years. The rule applies to all: "Eat the hay and leave the sticks".
No doubt Dakes has a few strange things in his notes. I do not like the dispensationalism, rapture, and his stanch stance against the security of the believer. But I still use his notes almost every day! I just brush these sticks aside and chew on the hay!
If you start tossing out these helps because you do not like some things they say... your library will be severely depleted.

Upvote 0
I like your healthy stand on study bibles, didaskalos! With one or two points in the Dake Bible I had some difficulties myself. Later the Lord cleared that up for me. In the meantime "I ate the hay" and left the sticks for what they were. And I'm glad I did! God bless you!

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
didaskalos said:
I do not know how many commentaries/bible helps I have owned down through the years. The rule applies to all: "Eat the hay and leave the sticks".
How do you know what is the hay and what are the sticks? Base on what makes sense or the writer's background?

One writer sums it up another way, "as trying to eat rat poison and spitting out the arsenic from it, in an attempt to nourish on the cornmeal."

Read more about Dake and his Bible
The Jesus Of The Dake Annotated Reference Bible
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/d47.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Anthony, are you Charismatic? Appealing to "higher authority" only makes you look, well...
soap.gif

I also must caution you that this is the Charismatic Movement forum, with specific rules designed to prevent strife and to promote an open dialog with brethren who are genuinely interested in what we believe. There is one specific rule I feel you should be aware of and that would be this;

Charismatic Movement Forum Rules

3) Non-Charismatic members can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Charismatic or Pentecostal doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Charismatic. Any debate posts by Non-Charismatics will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum. In other words, only Charismatic members can debate here.

I hope that clears everything up for you...Remember, you are a guest here and you are welcome
icon_welcome.gif
, but don't wear out your welcome by doing this,
tweetz_m4.gif

Upvote 0
Every commentary that raises doubt in whatever study bible must be checked with the infallible Word of God. The writer of these commentaries isn't infallible and so are the readers. Some things we can reject immediately because they are blatantly out of harmony with the Scriptures. Other things are not so easily detected as being unscriptural. The best thing to do in situations like these is to listen carefully to the author's biblical argumentations in a fair way. Do we reject a teaching because we are brought up contrary to it or don't we like it personally for what ever reason? If even after doing this the thing isn't clear, we better give the Spirit of God some more time in revealing the truth to us. I wish more people would observe this method in approaching the Dake Bible. The people of the web site Anthony mentions obviously did not...

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
look said:
Anthony, are you Charismatic?
Charismatic means spirit filled all true believers are charismatic.

We still need to question and have discernment.

AC 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I guess the Bereans would be characterized as causing strife or questioning?

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Anthony said:
Charismatic means spirit filled all true believers are charismatic.
???You mean, the Holy Ghost manifests Himself through all believers via the "Gifts of the Spirit"? Even the believers who doesn't believe (yes, an oxmoron, I know) the gifts are for today?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.