Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
a friend of mine told me that Dake also believe God isn't all knowing, that you if you die after a sin and before you repent, that you go to hell, that Jesus's blood can't cover all our sins, and even more stuff like that. Is that accurate?

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
I have to say that it seems offensive to me to be calling the Bible, the word of G-d , a "Thing".

I happen to own one, purchased over 15 years ago, by the grace of G-d I believe. It is an Annotated Reference version of the Authorized King James Bible. This is one of nearly two dozen versions I have and I use it quite often.

I have read various denouncements of this mans work ( over 43 years of Dakes life went into this) but I still think that it holds a treasure trove of information in one volume. I don't agree with everything in there, as no one man's interpretation should be, but that is not to discredit the whole work as a "Thing".

Some of handy helps included in this work are:
  • 9,000 headings dividing the text ( making it easy to spot a certain theme in a chapter).
  • Half a million cross-references of scriptures
  • 35,000 notes and comments on certain words
  • Summary of interesting facts following each book
  • Lists of things such as, commandments, lakes, judgments, plagues, kings, sins, wars, miracles, mountains, etc.
  • Hebrew and Greek words defined -- Obsolete English words defined
  • Guide for reading the Bible in a year
    Sermon material notes for ministers
  • 2,000 illustrations
  • Maps
and the list goes on and on.

I don't agree with his dispensational views, but that does not nullify many of the other material helps in this work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
oh I wasn't trying to say anything about the Dake Bible. I was just realizing I had heard somethings the person taught, that happened to be associated with that translation. So I figured this would be a safe place to ask about those and see if it is accurate. Sorry if I offended you

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
oh ok. just trying to make sure i wasn't being offensive, or to learn what i said so i could avoid it in the future. Since you said that you use that translation, is there a website or something with information? I have never seen one before (a copy of the translation). Perhaps, I just haven't seen it because I wasn't aware of its existence.

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Heres a sample page, note it has four sections ( quarters) you can click on to enlarge to read.
biblepage.jpeg

Go here to enlarge and read Sample page : http://www.dake.com/sample.html

Here's the Home Page http://www.dake.com/

You can download this chart
Spanish.jpg

[size=+3]Plan of the Ages Chart[/size]
dakechart.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.