• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Daily Verse of the Day

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by ChristianForCats, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Saved by Christ

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Does anyone ever think about the verses I post? This one is extremely important to discuss because all of us have the same feelings when problems arise and don't go away.

Obviously this thread is completely useless if nobody will reply to have a discussion and learn to fully understand Scripture. I will stop wasting my time with this if I do not see any improvement tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019
  2. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It is easy to think like this,when God seems far away or invisible. He is not hiding Himself from us but will draw near to those who draw near to Him!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 "Only Me!" Supporter

+4,265
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I heard it said sometimes that when God seems far away, then it is us that has moved! As QB states, He will draw near to us when we draw near to Him (James 4:8).

4. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I never heard that one before. Does it mean we took a step backward?

5. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 "Only Me!" Supporter

+4,265
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    There are times when we become distracted and preoccupied with the things around us and we stop walking closely with God. The journey is not complete, but we seem happy where we are and don't want to go any further. God wants us to continue walking with Him so we can be where He wants us to be. He will continue to call us and get our attention, but we will not enjoy that close fellowship until we leave what we are doing and continue in our walk with Him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Far from being a waste of time,this thread is very helpful and thought provoking! Thankyou for introducing it 'ChristianForCats'

7. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'In His arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak,who are caught in the schemes he devises' (Psalms 10:2)

8. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'For the wicked boast of the hearts desire and of greedy sin' (Psalms 10:3)

9. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'In his pride the wicked man does not seek Him. In all his thoughts there is no room for God' (Psalms 10:4)

10. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Yet they succeed in everything they do. They do not see Your punishment awaiting them. They sneer at all their enemies' (Psalms 10:5)

11. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    My attempt to put this topic in a Christian Scriptures section failed big time, so I will start again here with the next verse tomorrow. I did that thinking it would be more appropriate to get people from all Christian denominations participating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Pride is a sin for exactly that reason: people want to think they are good enough to not need God or truly believe it. God obviously wants all of us to seek Him because in doing so, we show Him the same love He gave us.

13. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    October 6 - Psalms 10:6 (NIV)

6He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.”

This is the way of the wicked people. Nicer people want help from God, but the wicked are happy to do all they want to on their own if it is possible. Priase God now for not being one of those who are wicked.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+22,863
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Just start a new thread in the Christian Scriptures section
    Then post a link here on this thread

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  15. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Psalms 10:7 - His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.

16. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    (Psalms 10:8) God blesses us as we we walk in truth,not deceit!

17. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I take it deceit means falsehood?

18. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+22,863
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I think you need to put people with deceit, for example, deceiving people.

19. ChristianForCats

+398
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Psalms 10:9 like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.

20. quietbloke

+36,877
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Like a roaring lion seeking whom he would devour'.The devil is evil,deceitful and artful.