Daily Scripture differences - GOARCH vs other jurisdictions?

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟36,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I found today the app DailyReadings (which is from GOARCH), and the GOARCH website have a different Epistle reading from the other dioceses. Is this a normal thing? I've kind of spot checked a few random churches, but can only see this difference in Greek diocese and not the others like OCA, Antiochian and the Russian Orthodox

Online Chapel - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Is this normal to have some daily scripture reading discrepancies?

Orthodox Calendar (EN) – POMOG
2 Timothy 3:1-9
Luke 20:46-21:4

Scripture Readings

I don't think its old / new calendar, another church under the EP of Constantinople its the same as 1 Timothy 6:11-16
American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of North America | Today's Scripture Readings

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My readings that I got in a little book from my Church are the same as the GOARCH ones.

Personally I don't know why it differs, but the main thing is that you are doing daily readings! I wouldn't trouble myself with it if I were you.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It’s been major torture for me, trying to square readings, and podcasts of readings, especially for my kids on Sundays and holidays, between what actually goes on in my church, and what resources in English are available. “The Path” with Fr Tom Soroka is awesome, but rarely lines up. “Let Us Attend” lines up only half the time. Never mind that on my Sunday morning, the latest podcast might be for the last Friday or last Sunday.
The most helpful has been the app from Holy Trinity ROC in Baltimore, but I still get only an 80-90% alignment rate. I wonder why over all this time some good Orthodox programmers can’t produce a good app that would let you identify a parish and diocese, and then figure out what is appropriate for that day in that diocese.

Upvote 0