Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Daily Office BCP2019

I love the Book of Common Prayer and how it helps focus on day around Christ so I was elated to find a Saint Martin’s Parish Daily Office Podcast using the new 2019 Book of Common Prayer.

From the site:

A Divine Service of the Church, known as the Daily Offices. This recording is offered as a ministry of Saint Martin’s Parish, an Army Chapel Community located on Schofield Barracks. The readings are from the ACNA 2019 Book of Common Prayers.

Listen online here.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I love the BCP and its theologically rich language. I have a copy on my bookshelf along with Common Worship: Services & Prayers for the Church of England.
Most CofE churches I have been to use Common Worship for their services, but some of them have the occasional service where the 1662 BCP is used.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,852.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I love the BCP and its theologically rich language. I have a copy on my bookshelf along with Common Worship: Services & Prayers for the Church of England.
Most CofE churches I have been to use Common Worship for their services, but some of them have the occasional service where the 1662 BCP is used.
Nice! Do you use them during personal worship?

The ESV has a podcast based on the BCP lectionary which I use often.

I picked up a leather edition by Oxford of the American 1928 and it's a beauty! I also have the Canadian BCP and Canadian Book of Alternative Services. I'll eventually pick up the BCP 2019 and the 1662 but for now I'm good.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Nice! Do you use them during personal worship?

The ESV has a podcast based on the BCP lectionary which I use often.

I picked up a leather edition by Oxford of the American 1928 and it's a beauty! I also have the Canadian BCP and Canadian Book of Alternative Services. I'll eventually pick up the BCP 2019 and the 1662 but for now I'm good.
It'll be interesting to take a look at the books you mentioned.
I've got a variety of books at home which I use for personal prayer/worship.
My main go-to book is Common Worship, especially Morning and Evening Prayer. Sometimes, I like the traditional version, and use the Book of Common Prayer. I have that as well.
My NRSV bible also has a lectionary and daily services and prayers from Common Worship.
I remember something similar to the Alternative services. We used to have the Alternative Service Book which was published in the 1980s and very widely used.
The church I attend also has a different book "Divine Office" and "Liturgy of the Hours" which it often uses for its Evening Prayer and Eucharist service.

Upvote 0