Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Daily Kos originally posted the records we saw in another thread, which contained school records and IQ test results, among other things. The Daily Kos and some other sources have now concluded this may be a fake:

Documentation on Sarah Palin's IQ, Academic Record, and Job Performance

This article was pulled because of an error in understanding about the attribution and permission for the article. Furthermore, both the poster on Daily Kos of the same material today has conceded that the academic records have been faked. Although I as poster still believe there is some credibility to the material, in the interest of accuracy and credibility, and the old journalist credo of not posting anonymous material, I am also now removing the URL. This material can be viewed at clapboard.org, the source for all of this, as well as today in the Drudge Report and at Daily Kos, so if others have been schnockered into falling for anonymous material, well, so be it; I am sorry, and at least I am not alone in believing an anonymous email sent to me by a credible source.

Not a lot of detail. But until some supporting evidence for the records is found, I suggest we not give it much credence.

It *would* be nice if Palin would release her school records or answer questions or do something that would let us gain confidence that she is able to handle the kinds of questions she will face as a Vice President and potential President.

Jonathan

JBJoe

Apr 8, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟22,711.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So people were spreading around information that was sourced from Daily Kos?

My politics lean left too, but honestly... I trust Daily Kos about as much as I trust WorldNet Daily, National Review, or Huffington Post - that is to say, I don't think any of them are above stretching the truth in furtherance of their political ideology. Why would anyone trust Daily Kos without first verifying through more reputable news outlets?

Upvote 0

Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I never implied in any way that The Daily Kos is a reliable source of information, and when this was posted in the other thread I questioned the reliability of the records.

In this thread, I did point out that even The Daily Kos does not believe the documents are reliable.

Jonathan

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

So people were spreading around information that was sourced from Daily Kos?

My politics lean left too, but honestly... I trust Daily Kos about as much as I trust WorldNet Daily, National Review, or Huffington Post - that is to say, I don't think any of them are above stretching the truth in furtherance of their political ideology. Why would anyone trust Daily Kos without first verifying through more reputable news outlets?

the Daily Kos is just a blog where anyone can post anything, and it leans left... if people like your posts they can recommend it... saying you don't trust them is like saying you don't trust the "Christianforums American Politics message board" ... and obviously you should verify what they say with outside sources but that's a no-brainer in any kind of open forum environment, if not in any environment.

As someone who reads DKOS regularly it's a little bit insulting to have them compared with world net daily or even huffingtonpost... Comparing "news" sources with an open community blog is really comparing apples and oranges.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the Daily Kos is just a blog where anyone can post anything, and it leans left... if people like your posts they can recommend it... saying you don't trust them is like saying you don't trust the "Christianforums American Politics message board" ... and obviously you should verify what they say with outside sources but that's a no-brainer in any kind of open forum environment, if not in any environment.

Saying the Daily Kos leans left is like saying Rush Limbaugh leans conservative.

Upvote 0

Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps my initial post was unclear. Let me try again.

In another thread, someone posted a URL that purported to show Sarah Palin's academic records. The PDF to which the URL pointed said, among other things, that she has an IQ of 83.

I did a little research, and found:

1. The URL was posted on The Daily Kos, which might be the original posting.
2. The Daily Kos says they don't think there's enough evidence to trust these records.

So The Daily Kos does not trust the possibly falsified records that say Sarah Palin has an 83 IQ.

Is that clearer now?

Jonathan

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think we can judge Palin's intelligence without seeing her school records.

It doesn't seem as if her family values education. She has a BA (apparently obtained after attending 5 colleges) without honors. Her husband never attended college. Her two oldest children won't be attending college, and her son, unlike many young people who join the military to learn a valuable trade, signed up for the infantry.

Her daughter's fiancee dropped out of high school to work in the oil fields because he'd have a family to support (Heavens! Couldn't his future in-laws, who have an income of over $200K a year, help the parents of their grandchild financially until he finished high school? This is a disgrace.)

She may have a kind of street-smarts, that sort of manipulative shrewdness that George W. Bush has (shudder....)

She reminds me of GWB in some ways (and that creepy ERA opponent from the 1980's, Phyllis Schlafly.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did anyone think that was real?

Well, someone posted it, apparently thinking it was real.

When I first saw it, it just didn't make sense. People are not usually asked to provide copies of their high school intelligence tests for work-related or college-related files, and this purported to have been put together in 2005 or 2006. A sitting governor is asked to provide a copy of her IQ test?

Unless it was put together by the KGB. They can see Alaska from their houses, you know.

Jonathan

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps my initial post was unclear. Let me try again.

In another thread, someone posted a URL that purported to show Sarah Palin's academic records. The PDF to which the URL pointed said, among other things, that she has an IQ of 83.

I did a little research, and found:

1. The URL was posted on The Daily Kos, which might be the original posting.
2. The Daily Kos says they don't think there's enough evidence to trust these records.

So The Daily Kos does not trust the possibly falsified records that say Sarah Palin has an 83 IQ.

Is that clearer now?

Jonathan
Thanks for doing the leg work!
:thumbsup:

Even I didn't think she was that dumb.

And as always...check your sources!

Upvote 0