Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Daily devotions are a good way to keep our eyes on the Lord and to help keep us on the right track each day. I've found one good source called, "Our Daily Bread." In fact, you can find a link to it on the front page of this web site on the left side.

There are many others that offer glimpses of Scripture with a lesson for each day. They come in various forms such as booklets, radio programs, articles, etc. What are some of your favorite daily devotionals that has been a blessing to you? And which format do you prefer?

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Right now, I'm working through a devotional written by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland. I'm spacing out on the exact title, but it has one little piece for each day of the year. I've found many of the passages to be very helpful and pertinent to my life right now!

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another suggestion for devotionals is reading the Word of God, of course. Since the book of Proverbs has 31 chapters, some folks will read one chapter a day corresponding to the date of the month (ie., March 1, read chapter 1; March 2, read chapter 2, etc.). Proverbs is an excellent book of wisdom and practical advice.

Upvote 0

Rob

Feb 25, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
I enjoy Neil Andersons "Daily in Christ" and Os Hillmans "Marketplace Meditations".

I have about 20 or so bookmarked. As part of my daily devotions I say a prayer asking for Gods guidance and that His will be done in my life. I then click on one of the devotional sites randomly. I have been blessed many times with a devotional that relates directly to something going on in my life.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading Daily Guideposts for awhile now.

It's put out by the people who do the Guideposts magazine. It's a book that has readings for every day (the readings include a short Bible verse, the story the author wants to share, and a prayer)...and there is a section at the end of each month to put down your specific prayer needs.

I also do My Utmost for His Highest by Chambers...I really like that one.

Upvote 0

patriarch

Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, the Way of the Cross is a great way to begin every day. What better way to align your whole being with the Crucified Christ?

There are many versions online.

Although many of these prescribe various postures, it's easier to keep it up if you just say them standing, with a deep bow to a crucifix at, "We adore you O Christ and we bless you, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world." Most stations of the cross begin each station with that phrase.

Just hop out of bed and say it. Talk about setting a good tone for the day!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.