✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
naval-battle-3195409__340.jpg

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. - I Chronicles 21:1 #KJV

As a result of David’s sin, seventy thousand men died (I Chronicles 21:14). David’s pride had not only brought him low, but all of Israel. There is no sin you and I can commit that does not directly affect others.
More...

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
naval-battle-3195409__340.jpg

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. - I Chronicles 21:1 #KJV

As a result of David’s sin, seventy thousand men died (I Chronicles 21:14). David’s pride had not only brought him low, but all of Israel. There is no sin you and I can commit that does not directly affect others.
More...

Pride is the very same sin that started the ball rolling with Satan, and then man. It literally is a "killer" in its insidiousness, in so many ways. It has not been just Satan's "Achilles Heel", but also man's.

That is why we are admonished to "fear the Lord". Fearing God obliterates pride, for in order to "fear God", one must submit one's will to God's will. This is not possible unless one is "humble". And with the submitting of one's will to God's, pride is obliterated. "Fearing God", in essence, is "armor" against pride.

Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0