Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61854Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.” - Joshua 1:4

It is believed that around 2000 B.C. the Indo-European speaking Hittites appeared in Northern Asia Minor. The Hittites are a descendant of Heth, who was from the lineage of Ham. The Hittites were the first to make tools and weapons out of iron. I guess you could say they were the first blacksmiths. The Hittites worshipped several false gods most of which... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Hittites A Picture Of Self-Destruction

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Now i did not know that about the Hittites, thank you for helping me to delve into their history and their example of what NOT to do. How tragic that an entire civilization was so stiff-necked and thus bore the fruit of self-destruction. For it is written that the stiff-necked will come to "sudden destruction" and "without remedy".

With all of that unapologetic willfulness along with the worshiping of false gods, etc. where did they THINK they were headed?

Tragic.

Thank you for this powerful reminder of man, left to his own devices, and the ensuing destruction that is sure to follow, on this cloudy, warm, and looks-like-it's-gonna-rain Wednesday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Now i did not know that about the Hittites, thank you for helping me to delve into their history and their example of what NOT to do. How tragic that an entire civilization was so stiff-necked and thus bore the fruit of self-destruction. For it is written that the stiff-necked will come to "sudden destruction" and "without remedy".

With all of that unapologetic willfulness along with the worshiping of false gods, etc. where did they THINK they were headed?

Tragic.

Thank you for this powerful reminder of man, left to his own devices, and the ensuing destruction that is sure to follow, on this cloudy, warm, and looks-like-it's-gonna-rain Wednesday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

iu
Brinny, that is an enlightening Proverb - one we should all take to heart. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny, that is an enlightening Proverb - one we should all take to heart. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Amen brother!!! And a most blessed Wednesday to you as well. :)

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0