Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61832Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” - II Timothy 2:2

The word faithful literally means trustworthy, someone you can count on every time. As Paul is writing Timothy, he exhorts him to commit the teaching of God’s Word to faithful men. I find that quote interesting – not scholarly men, or talented men, or even men of great renown; but God’s Word is to be committed to those who are faithful. Solomon warns us... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Faithful The Person of Great Value

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 61832Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” - II Timothy 2:2

The word faithful literally means trustworthy, someone you can count on every time. As Paul is writing Timothy, he exhorts him to commit the teaching of God’s Word to faithful men. I find that quote interesting – not scholarly men, or talented men, or even men of great renown; but God’s Word is to be committed to those who are faithful. Solomon warns us... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Faithful The Person of Great Value

Many times throughout His Word, God speaks of "wise-hearted" men, which has its roots in the prerequisite of "fearing the Lord", and thus an unfaltering, pure-hearted "believing" and "trusting" God, which is the "child-like-ness" that Jesus described when He told His disciples to not hinder the little children from coming to Him, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven, and that one must be as one of these little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

"Child-like-ness" is a quality of a heart that has no "guile" and therefore is "pure". All is transparent. NOTHING is hidden.

Corrie Ten Boom comes to mind.

So does this quote below.

Thank you for this powerful reminder and study and meditation on this rainy and cool-ish Thursday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." ~Matt 5:8

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Many times throughout His Word, God speaks of "wise-hearted" men, which has its roots in the prerequisite of "fearing the Lord", and thus an unfaltering, pure-hearted "believing" and "trusting" God, which is the "child-like-ness" that Jesus described when He told His disciples to not hinder the little children from coming to Him, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven, and that one must be as one of these little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

"Child-like-ness" is a quality of a heart that has no "guile" and therefore is "pure". All is transparent. NOTHING is hidden.

Corrie Ten Boom comes to mind.

So does this quote below.

Thank you for this powerful reminder and study and meditation on this rainy and cool-ish Thursday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." ~Matt 5:8

iu
Thank you Brinny and a good morning to you. I love C.S. Lewis quotes. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Brinny and a good morning to you. I love C.S. Lewis quotes. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Thank you, me too. :)

And a most blessed Thursday to you too. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0