• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Daily Devotion: The Faithful The Person of Great Value

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by D4L, Jun 13, 2019.

1. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+932
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” - II Timothy 2:2

The word faithful literally means trustworthy, someone you can count on every time. As Paul is writing Timothy, he exhorts him to commit the teaching of God’s Word to faithful men. I find that quote interesting – not scholarly men, or talented men, or even men of great renown; but God’s Word is to be committed to those who are faithful. Solomon warns us... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Faithful The Person of Great Value

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,850
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Many times throughout His Word, God speaks of "wise-hearted" men, which has its roots in the prerequisite of "fearing the Lord", and thus an unfaltering, pure-hearted "believing" and "trusting" God, which is the "child-like-ness" that Jesus described when He told His disciples to not hinder the little children from coming to Him, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven, and that one must be as one of these little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

"Child-like-ness" is a quality of a heart that has no "guile" and therefore is "pure". All is transparent. NOTHING is hidden.

Corrie Ten Boom comes to mind.

So does this quote below.

Thank you for this powerful reminder and study and meditation on this rainy and cool-ish Thursday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." ~Matt 5:8

[​IMG]

3. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+932
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Thank you Brinny and a good morning to you. I love C.S. Lewis quotes. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,850
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you, me too. :)

And a most blessed Thursday to you too. :)