Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 60972Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word." - Psalm 119:25

Humility is not a bad thing; it cures envy, jealousy, strife, and division – just to name a few of its cures.

Martin Luther reportedly told of two mountain goats who met each other on a narrow ledge just wide enough for one of the animals to pass. On the left was a sheer cliff, and on the right a steep wall. The two were facing each other, and it was impossible to turn or to back up.

How did they solve their dilemma? If they had been people they would have started butting each other until they plunged into the chasm together. But according to Luther, the goats... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Cleaving Man

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 60972Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word." - Psalm 119:25

Humility is not a bad thing; it cures envy, jealousy, strife, and division – just to name a few of its cures.

Martin Luther reportedly told of two mountain goats who met each other on a narrow ledge just wide enough for one of the animals to pass. On the left was a sheer cliff, and on the right a steep wall. The two were facing each other, and it was impossible to turn or to back up.

How did they solve their dilemma? If they had been people they would have started butting each other until they plunged into the chasm together. But according to Luther, the goats... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Cleaving Man

The goats had more wisdom than man. Man has GOT to be #1. And soooo many times, actually ALWAYS, it's to our own demise. We'd rather cut off our noses to spite our face rather than to give an inch. As i write this, what comes to mind is a "fear" deeep down inside that drives this. A fear of NOT being #1. Man finds this terrifying as a matter of fact, and that is because they are driven by a "fear of man" (and what man "thinks"), rather than a "fear of God.

True humility is a "fruit", if you will, of the "fear of the Lord".

It is IMPOSSIBLE to "fear the Lord" without Godly "humility".

In addition only the truly "wise" fear the Lord, as it is written, and are therefore truly "humble":

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

288876_8f017ff7ee321a80cd44901072721419.jpg

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The goats had more wisdom than man. Man has GOT to be #1. And soooo many times, actually ALWAYS, it's to our own demise. We'd rather cut off our noses to spite our face rather than to give an inch. As i write this, what comes to mind is a "fear" deeep down inside that drives this. A fear of NOT being #1. Man finds this terrifying as a matter of fact, and that is because they are driven by a "fear of man" (and what man "thinks"), rather than a "fear of God.

True humility is a "fruit", if you will, of the "fear of the Lord".

It is IMPOSSIBLE to "fear the Lord" without Godly "humility".

In addition only the truly "wise" fear the Lord, as it is written, and are therefore truly "humble":

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

288876_8f017ff7ee321a80cd44901072721419.jpg
Not enough people have a reverential fear of God today. Hope you have a blessed Son ✝️day Brinny.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not enough people have a reverential fear of God today. Hope you have a blessed Son ✝️day Brinny.

Amen. I agree. And too many do not delve into what it even means. It's tragic, because therein lies our most precious blessings and protection and favor from God Himself, Who DELIGHTS in those Who fear Him.

A very blessed Son + day to you as well, brother on this sunny and warmer morning in November. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0