Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61474Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” - I Corinthians 10:13

As you study the Word of God you find any number of ways that God’s people have escaped temptation. Joseph fled from Potiphar’s wife. The Lord, in Matthew 4, quoted God’s Word. Others escaped by standing for God (Acts 16).

There is no temptation that we face that others have not faced – and they have risen victorious; but we must not give in to temptation. Some ducks once found a good feeding place in the reeds that grew on the edge of a quiet stream in South Africa. A group of boys soon laid a plan to catch them. They began by... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: T - Temptation

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 61474Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” - I Corinthians 10:13

As you study the Word of God you find any number of ways that God’s people have escaped temptation. Joseph fled from Potiphar’s wife. The Lord, in Matthew 4, quoted God’s Word. Others escaped by standing for God (Acts 16).

There is no temptation that we face that others have not faced – and they have risen victorious; but we must not give in to temptation. Some ducks once found a good feeding place in the reeds that grew on the edge of a quiet stream in South Africa. A group of boys soon laid a plan to catch them. They began by... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: T - Temptation

This reminds me of the snares and pits that the enemy digs out and lays for us. It's not so much that we are "tempted", but that the enemy attempts to "snag" us, by whatever means. The same for Joseph. He was between a rock and a hard place. I don't believe he was "tempted" by Potiphar's wife, but nearly "ensnared" by her, even to the point that she grabbed a piece of his clothing as he was running away.

Our own temptations are what we "keep" in our heads n' hearts, as they find a welcoming "home" there. And as we all know, "temptations", when allowed to "fester", eventually play out "acted-upon" sin.

The bottom line however, is that it is sin to "harbor" temptation at all.

It's like playing "Russian Roulette".

And THAT is a sin.

Thank you for this profound reminder, study, and meditation on this cold but sunny Son+day in March, brother.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of the snares and pits that the enemy digs out and lays for us. It's not so much that we are "tempted", but that the enemy attempts to "snag" us, by whatever means. The same for Joseph. He was between a rock and a hard place. I don't believe he was "tempted" by Potiphar's wife, but nearly "ensnared" by her, even to the point that she grabbed a piece of his clothing as he was running away.

Our own temptations are what we "keep" in our heads n' hearts, as they find a welcoming "home" there. And as we all know, "temptations", when allowed to "fester", eventually play out "acted-upon" sin.

The bottom line however, is that it is sin to "harbor" temptation at all.

It's like playing "Russian Roulette".

And THAT is a sin.

Thank you for this profound reminder, study, and meditation on this cold but sunny Son+day in March, brother.

God bless you.
Good morning to you Brinny and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope you have a blessed Son✝day!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning to you Brinny and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope you have a blessed Son✝day!

Thank you and a most blessed Son+day to you as well. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0