Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61012Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not that which the LORD commanded thee." - I Samuel 13:14

Real spiritual leaders are in short supply. Constantly people and groups search for them. The question echoes in every corner of the church: Who will lead? To be a leader in the church requires strength and faith. Samuel Brendle, a gifted leader himself, wrote in regard to leadership: “It is not won by promotion, but by many prayers and tears. It is attained by confession... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Searching for Leaders

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 61012Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not that which the LORD commanded thee." - I Samuel 13:14

Real spiritual leaders are in short supply. Constantly people and groups search for them. The question echoes in every corner of the church: Who will lead? To be a leader in the church requires strength and faith. Samuel Brendle, a gifted leader himself, wrote in regard to leadership: “It is not won by promotion, but by many prayers and tears. It is attained by confession... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Searching for Leaders

Excellent post, my friend, and good morning.

What came to mind is that a Godly leader does not earn it, nor does he appoint himself a leader. God appoints Godly leaders. He "elects" them, so to speak. Just as He did with dAvid.

And the reason?

It's because David had a "heart for God", as did all of those other dear men of God mentioned. God Himself described David as a "man after His own heart" and the "apple of His eye".

Saul was "allowed" by God, just as the quail was allowed, and both became, essentially, a "curse" to the people.

Neither were a "blessing" from God, but instead a condemnation and in the end, a judgment from Him.

A leader God chooses and appoints, bottom line, "fears" God and has a "heart for God".

Each of the men of God mentioned were "qualified" by God because of this very thing.

Thank you for this riveting study and meditation, brother. It's an absolute treasure to me (i love studying about David, and Saul, and the other men mentioned in the study).

God bless you on this mild-ish and partially sunny Saturday morning on this first day of December.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Excellent post, my friend, and good morning.

What came to mind is that a Godly leader does not earn it, nor does he appoint himself a leader. God appoints Godly leaders. He "elects" them, so to speak. Just as He did with dAvid.

And the reason?

It's because David had a "heart for God", as did all of those other dear men of God mentioned. God Himself described David as a "man after His own heart" and the "apple of His eye".

Saul was "allowed" by God, just as the quail was allowed, and both became, essentially, a "curse" to the people.

Neither were a "blessing" from God, but instead a condemnation and in the end, a judgment from Him.

A leader God chooses and appoints, bottom line, "fears" God and has a "heart for God".

Each of the men of God mentioned were "qualified" by God because of this very thing.

Thank you for this riveting study and meditation, brother. It's an absolute treasure to me (i love studying about David, and Saul, and the other men mentioned in the study).

God bless you on this mild-ish and partially sunny Saturday morning on this first day of December.
Amen Brinny, excellent observations. Hope you have a blessed Saturday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0