Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61254Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:” - Genesis 4:4

Respect comes from doing the right things. If you consistently do people right, you’ll earn their respect. In an unscientific survey I asked some of our youth to name “the reason they respect others.” The number one answer, and I might add, the only answer was... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Respect is Earned

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

"And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:” - Genesis 4:4

Respect comes from doing the right things. If you consistently do people right, you’ll earn their respect. In an unscientific survey I asked some of our youth to name “the reason they respect others.” The number one answer, and I might add, the only answer was... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

I clicked through...what a lovely story!

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How can original attitude of disrespect towards all world to grow into respect? Evil tree produces evil fruits.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Abel "respected" (feared) the living God and therefore gave heed to God's commandments. It is written that when we do the same, it blesses God's very heart, and delights Him. He DELIGHTED in Abel's evidence of "fearing" and therefore "honoring" Him. On the other hand Cain's Offering was an "insult", like a slap in the face to God. He did the exact opposite of what God commanded, as evidenced by the "offering" he had the audacity to bring God.

The Brigadier General was an example of the powerful ways that the "respected" can show "respect" to others, who may, in the world's eyes, be unequally "ranked". What the Brigadier General showed was grace. And when it's genuine, it's nearly impossible not to "respect". He "earned" the respect of so many because he genuinely respected everyone.

He was a very wise and honorable man, who in turn was honored.

Thank you for this riveting study and meditation on this rainy/sleety Tuesday morning in February my friend.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Abel "respected" (feared) the living God and therefore gave heed to God's commandments. It is written that when we do the same, it blesses God's very heart, and delights Him. He DELIGHTED in Abel's evidence of "fearing" and therefore "honoring" Him. On the other hand Cain's Offering was an "insult", like a slap in the face to God. He did the exact opposite of what God commanded, as evidenced by the "offering" he had the audacity to bring God.

The Brigadier General was an example of the powerful ways that the "respected" can show "respect" to others, who may, in the world's eyes, be unequally "ranked". What the Brigadier General showed was grace. And when it's genuine, it's nearly impossible not to "respect". He "earned" the respect of so many because he genuinely respected everyone.

He was a very wise and honorable man, who in turn was honored.

Thank you for this riveting study and meditation on this rainy/sleety Tuesday morning in February my friend.

God bless you.
Thank you Brinny for your always thoughtful comments. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0