Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61458Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” - Psalm 46:10

It is believed that Hezekiah is the writer of this forty-sixth Psalm. It was written about the time of the impending Assyrian invasion led by Sennacherib. In the midst of all the trouble, God tells the king... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Q - Quiet Time

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Precious verse and reminder. What comes to mind for me, is how difficult it is, and has always been, for me to "be still". However, when my heart's desire is to "be still" before Him, God enables even that. He "quiets" and "stills" me.

The part about God telling the king to "be still and know that I am God" is sooooo timely for us today, too. With all that is raging around us, it seems more and more each day, it is even more crucial to "be still and KNOW that He is God". We can give these dire utterings and murmurings of doom and gloom to God, and just "let go", knowing that it is HE that is God. And just as He did with Hezekiah, He can "take on" the threat or battle that looms threateningly.

He's BIGGER than them. Even if they don't know that, we do.

Let's trust Him to "be God".

Thank you for this timely and profound verse, study, and promise on this cold and rainy very early Thursday morning in March, brother.

God bless you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I passionately believe that when people seek God in the quiet place and in stillness, He rewards them.

Not long ago, I was in a bit of a crisis of faith, and I spent a few days with the brothers in a Franscican Community. The goal was to bring myself to that sense of stillness so I could listen to God. It's not easy to do, so being in a community which traditionally has periods of silence throughout the day was helpful in removing distractions and keeping focused.

I didn't particularly feel that God was close to me at that time, but He definitely was. After my visit, I left and went home and then big things started to happen.

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Precious verse and reminder. What comes to mind for me, is how difficult it is, and has always been, for me to "be still". However, when my heart's desire is to "be still" before Him, God enables even that. He "quiets" and "stills" me.

The part about God telling the king to "be still and know that I am God" is sooooo timely for us today, too. With all that is raging around us, it seems more and more each day, it is even more crucial to "be still and KNOW that He is God". We can give these dire utterings and murmurings of doom and gloom to God, and just "let go", knowing that it is HE that is God. And just as He did with Hezekiah, He can "take on" the threat or battle that looms threateningly.

He's BIGGER than them. Even if they don't know that, we do.

Let's trust Him to "be God".

Thank you for this timely and profound verse, study, and promise on this cold and rainy very early Thursday morning in March, brother.

God bless you :)
A good morning to you Brinny. Thank you for your insightful thoughts and comments. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A good morning to you Brinny. Thank you for your insightful thoughts and comments. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Thank you and a most blessed Thursday to you as well. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I passionately believe that when people seek God in the quiet place and in stillness, He rewards them.

Not long ago, I was in a bit of a crisis of faith, and I spent a few days with the brothers in a Franscican Community. The goal was to bring myself to that sense of stillness so I could listen to God. It's not easy to do, so being in a community which traditionally has periods of silence throughout the day was helpful in removing distractions and keeping focused.

I didn't particularly feel that God was close to me at that time, but He definitely was. After my visit, I left and went home and then big things started to happen.
Amen Anthony and a good morning to you. Hope you have a blessed Friday!

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61458Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” - Psalm 46:10

It is believed that Hezekiah is the writer of this forty-sixth Psalm. It was written about the time of the impending Assyrian invasion led by Sennacherib. In the midst of all the trouble, God tells the king... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Q - Quiet Time
IsraelBiblicalStudies.com

Upvote 0