✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" - Matthew 26:40

Do you spend time daily in prayer? If not, why not? We say we believe in prayer. If so, why don’t we put our words into action?

In Hugh Price Hughes’ story, the “City of Everywhere,” a man arrived in a city one cold morning. As he got off the train, the station was like any other station with the crowds and redcaps, except that everybody was barefooted. They wore no shoes. He noticed the cabdriver was barefooted. “Pardon me,” he asked the driver. “I was just wondering why you don’t wear shoes. Don’t you believe in shoes?”... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Prayerlessness

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" - Matthew 26:40

Do you spend time daily in prayer? If not, why not? We say we believe in prayer. If so, why don’t we put our words into action?

In Hugh Price Hughes’ story, the “City of Everywhere,” a man arrived in a city one cold morning. As he got off the train, the station was like any other station with the crowds and redcaps, except that everybody was barefooted. They wore no shoes. He noticed the cabdriver was barefooted. “Pardon me,” he asked the driver. “I was just wondering why you don’t wear shoes. Don’t you believe in shoes?”... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Prayerlessness

Amen. That's quite a comparison. Yes, we need to actually PRAY. We are, in essence, like those ones walking around in the snow barefooted when we don't pray. So let's put on those shoes, and surround ourselves with God's grace and wisdom, and unction, as we come to Him in prayer throughout the day.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" ~Eph 6:11-18

This verse also comes to mind:

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" ~Isa 52:7

This song below also comes to mind. Thank you for this wunnerfully bless-ed and profound study and meditation, brother. God bless you. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen. That's quite a comparison. Yes, we need to actually PRAY. We are, in essence, like those ones walking around in the snow barefooted when we don't pray. So let's put on those shoes, and surround ourselves with God's grace and wisdom, and unction, as we come to Him in prayer throughout the day.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" ~Eph 6:11-18

This verse also comes to mind:

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" ~Isa 52:7

This song below also comes to mind. Thank you for this wunnerfully bless-ed and profound study and meditation, brother. God bless you. :)

Thank you Brinny for your always thoughtful reply. Hope you have a good morning and a blessed Son-day!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Brinny for your always thoughtful reply. Hope you have a good morning and a blessed Son-day!

Thank you, and a most bless-ed Son-day to you as well brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0