✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 62604Good morning everyone! 191213

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” - Ephesians 6:4

More than 3.3 million teens are exposed to domestic violence, especially at home where they are physically abused and neglected at a rate 15 times higher than the national average. The effects of witnessing or experiencing violence at home vary tremendously from...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #FIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Continue Reading: Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Physical Abuse

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Profound message here. What comes to mind for me is that God is a God of "refuge". WE are also to be His "agents" of "refuge". Words and good intentions mean absolutely nothing if, when someone is "fleeing" violence and possible death, are terrified, and in stark crisis, their "need" right then and there is "refuge", a "safe haven". it doesn't matter if it's the Jews fleeing Nazi's, or slaves fleeing the evil that "imprisoned" them, or a pregnant wife fleeing the husband who is chasing her with a knife, or a teen who is fleeing a raging father.

The one fleeing does not have the luxury of "words" or a "sermon" or a "lecture".

God has ALWAYS been a "God of refuge". In the Old Testament He had "cities of refuge" built for those accused of a crime, but perhaps it was an "accident" or he was "wrongly accused". So that the family of the one killed by accident would not slay the one accused before there was a trial, the one accused could flee to the "city of refuge" and be safe from harm there until a just trial was given.

God has ALWAYS been the God of JUSTICE, MERCY, and SAFE REFUGE.

We are called to provide "safe refuge" as well. Only when the one terrified and fleeing is "safe" can it be sorted out, or can they have the "luxury" of "words" and "sermons" and "lectures", etc.

Thank you for this most profound and riveting and thought-provoking meditation and study on this cold and cloudy Friday morning in December.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Profound message here. What comes to mind for me is that God is a God of "refuge". WE are also to be His "agents" of "refuge". Words and good intentions mean absolutely nothing if, when someone is "fleeing" violence and possible death, are terrified, and in stark crisis, their "need" right then and there is "refuge", a "safe haven". it doesn't matter if it's the Jews fleeing Nazi's, or slaves fleeing the evil that "imprisoned" them, or a pregnant wife fleeing the husband who is chasing her with a knife, or a teen who is fleeing a raging father.

The one fleeing does not have the luxury of "words" or a "sermon" or a "lecture".

God has ALWAYS been a "God of refuge". In the Old Testament He had "cities of refuge" built for those accused of a crime, but perhaps it was an "accident" or he was "wrongly accused". So that the family of the one killed by accident would not slay the one accused before there was a trial, the one accused could flee to the "city of refuge" and be safe from harm there until a just trial was given.

God has ALWAYS been the God of JUSTICE, MERCY, and SAFE REFUGE.

We are called to provide "safe refuge" as well. Only when the one terrified and fleeing is "safe" can it be sorted out, or can they have the "luxury" of "words" and "sermons" and "lectures", etc.

Thank you for this most profound and riveting and thought-provoking meditation and study on this cold and cloudy Friday morning in December.

God bless you.
Good afternoon Brinny. Unsaved people have a hard time understanding that a righteous and holy God, must also be a God of Justice. I always send them to my Salvation page (Bible Dots...) and ask them to watch the 6.5 minute video, which does a great job explaining why God must be a God of justice.

It is cooler here than I like at 47, but no snow :) so i am happy. Hope you get your good snow soon, maybe even a white Christmas.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good afternoon Brinny. Unsaved people have a hard time understanding that a righteous and holy God, must also be a God of Justice. I always send them to my Salvation page (Bible Dots...) and ask them to watch the 6.5 minute video, which does a great job explaining why God must be a God of justice.

It is cooler here than I like at 47, but no snow :) so i am happy. Hope you get your good snow soon, maybe even a white Christmas.

Hope you have a blessed day!
This is a crucial point about WHO our God is. He is HOLY. Therefore He would be un-righteous and un-just if He muddied His holy-ness with the rationale of fallen man.

It stands to reason that THAT is why He REQUIRED a perfect and sinless Sacrifice for us, Who met ALL of the requirements...and that is because we could not.

We can NOT "know" a holy and perfect God without understanding His holy-ness and thus "fearing Him". The "fearing Him" begins with our humbleness and bowing our wills before Him, rejecting them, and embracing HIS will for us.

As it is written, the "fear of the Lord" is the BEGINNING of wisdom.

It's a cold and rainy day. i'm hoping for snow, but either way, i'm thankful for a warm dry roof over my head.

I'm glad for you that you have no snow, though.

Stay warm. :)

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is a crucial point about WHO our God is. He is HOLY. Therefore He would be un-righteous and un-just if He muddied His holy-ness with the rationale of fallen man.

It stands to reason that THAT is why He REQUIRED a perfect and sinless Sacrifice for us, Who met ALL of the requirements...and that is because we could not.

We can NOT "know" a holy and perfect God without understanding His holy-ness and thus "fearing Him". The "fearing Him" begins with our humbleness and bowing our wills before Him, rejecting them, and embracing HIS will for us.

As it is written, the "fear of the Lord" is the BEGINNING of wisdom.

It's a cold and rainy day. i'm hoping for snow, but either way, i'm thankful for a warm dry roof over my head.

I'm glad for you that you have no snow, though.

Stay warm. :)
Amen and amen Brinny. If it snows I guess I will have to claim Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." In Christ alone!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen and amen Brinny. If it snows I guess I will have to claim Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." In Christ alone!
Hahaaaa that's a great verse, and it applies to ALL situations.

Amen!!! Thank you for sharing that. :)

Upvote 0