✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.” - Acts 16:33

The Philippian jailer was an ordinary man until one night the Holy Spirit visited the jail where he worked and shook the place and opened the doors for him to be saved and go from being ordinary to extraordinary. The man took Paul and Silas and washed their stripes, took them to his house and fed them. I’m sure this was against company policy, but he didn’t care. He went from being ordinary to extraordinary because he wanted...

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ The Philippian Jailer

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.” - Acts 16:33

The Philippian jailer was an ordinary man until one night the Holy Spirit visited the jail where he worked and shook the place and opened the doors for him to be saved and go from being ordinary to extraordinary. The man took Paul and Silas and washed their stripes, took them to his house and fed them. I’m sure this was against company policy, but he didn’t care. He went from being ordinary to extraordinary because he wanted...

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ The Philippian Jailer

Yes, this un-named jailer, could've very well been put to death. God literally shook the entire jail, and simultaneously shook up the jailer to his core. He knew then that God was even more powerful than those who could put him to death. And he chose this God. And in doing so, became a brother in Christ to Paul and Silas, and a child of the Most High.

George Atley died tragically. Not using his rifle, fully loaded, when he could have, is something to meditate on, at least for me.

Profound study and meditation, brother. Thank you and God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, this un-named jailer, could've very well been put to death. God literally shook the entire jail, and simultaneously shook up the jailer to his core. He knew then that God was even more powerful than those who could put him to death. And he chose this God. And in doing so, became a brother in Christ to Paul and Silas, and a child of the Most High.

George Atley died tragically. Not using his rifle, fully loaded, when he could have, is something to meditate on, at least for me.

Profound study and meditation, brother. Thank you and God bless you.
Thank you Brinny for reading, commenting and you well regards. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0