✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.” - Mark 2:3

We don’t know who these four men were that carried the man with the palsy to Jesus. We do know they were persistent. They didn’t give up because of the crowd. We also know they were determined. They took the roof off the house in order to get the palsied man to Jesus.

Everyone recognizes that Ludwig van Beethoven was a musical genius. But few realize the adversity he had to overcome to achieve greatness. In his twenties, Beethoven began to lose...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-four-men.html

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.” - Mark 2:3

We don’t know who these four men were that carried the man with the palsy to Jesus. We do know they were persistent. They didn’t give up because of the crowd. We also know they were determined. They took the roof off the house in order to get the palsied man to Jesus.

Everyone recognizes that Ludwig van Beethoven was a musical genius. But few realize the adversity he had to overcome to achieve greatness. In his twenties, Beethoven began to lose...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-four-men.html

i never gave these four men much thought, but yes, they WERE solidly determined to get their friend to Jesus, no matter what, weren't they? This is not only an example of true friendship, but also THEIR OWN belief in Jesus and that He could surely heal their friend. They, as it were, laid ev'ry thing on the line for this quest. They wrestled against all odds to accomplish it.

Haven't given a lot of thought to Beethoven either, but how remarkable is THAT, that he kept on keeping on, against all KINDS of odds?

Reminds me of the determination Jacob demonstrated in wrestling, as it were, with God Himself all night, and refused to let go until God blessed him. In essence he was "clinging" to God in pure desperation. This is "prayer" in action. Literally.

This is an example of determination to "cling" to God, no matter what. Let us all do the same. That's what prayer is.

And what happened with Jacob?

God blessed him, and even re-named him Israel.

Thank you for this profound lesson and meditation. It has surely blessed me.

God bless you.

Upvote 0