✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my friends in Christ!

And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” - I Kings 17:1

Elijah was extraordinary for a number of reasons but none were greater than his conviction for the true worship of the true and living God. We know from his word found in I Kings 19:10, “And I only am left,” that he felt as though it was Elijah versus the world. Athanasius, early bishop of Alexandria, stoutly opposed the teachings of Arius, who declared that Christ was... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-elijah.html

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Elijah was very special. The Lord took him to heaven at Elijah's request (skipping the dying process).

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. (2 Kings 2:11, 1984 NIV)

And we are also special:

Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (James 5:17, 1984 NIV)

I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. (Matthew 11:11, 1984 NIV)

In all cases, it is due to the love God has for us.

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Elijah was very special. The Lord took him to heaven at Elijah's request (skipping the dying process).

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. (2 Kings 2:11, 1984 NIV)

And we are also special:

Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (James 5:17, 1984 NIV)

I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. (Matthew 11:11, 1984 NIV)

In all cases, it is due to the love God has for us.
Amen. Thank you for reading and commenting. In Christ alone!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my friends in Christ!

And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” - I Kings 17:1

Elijah was extraordinary for a number of reasons but none were greater than his conviction for the true worship of the true and living God. We know from his word found in I Kings 19:10, “And I only am left,” that he felt as though it was Elijah versus the world. Athanasius, early bishop of Alexandria, stoutly opposed the teachings of Arius, who declared that Christ was... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-elijah.html

Elijah was the epitome of this verse below, and yes, he BELIEVED God with all his heart, and KNEW that God would do as He SAID He would do. Just like Abraham, he BELIEVED God. This is precious to God, that we BELIEVE Him.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~Ja 5:16

It sounds like Arius was Gnostic. Athanasius was courageous, just like Elijah, to stand alone in His stand for the living God.

This could very well apply to today, as many believers feel as though they are standing alone for the living God amidst all the false teachings so prevalent. Yet, God reminds us that, just like Elijah, we are not alone.

Thank you for this wunnerful study and meditation.

God bless you :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Elijah was the epitome of this verse below, and yes, he BELIEVED God with all his heart, and KNEW that God would do as He SAID He would do. Just like Abraham, he BELIEVED God. This is precious to God, that we BELIEVE Him.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~Ja 5:16

It sounds like Arius was Gnostic. Athanasius was courageous, just like Elijah, to stand alone in His stand for the living God.

This could very well apply to today, as many believers feel as though they are standing alone for the living God amidst all the false teachings so prevalent. Yet, God reminds us that, just like Elijah, we are not alone.

Thank you for this wunnerful study and meditation.

God bless you :)
As always Brinny, you are so kind. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As always Brinny, you are so kind. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. In Christ alone!

Your posts are a blessing, brother. It sorta' cements my meditation for the day.

God bless you! :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0