Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 60960Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15

Spurgeon’s ministry was particularly known for successfully attracting people from every walk of life, from the poor of London to members of Parliament. During his thirty-eight years as pastor, he built up the congregation of 6,000 and added 14,692 members to the church.

When author and pastor Leith Anderson attended the Metropolitan Tabernacle in 1972, they had but 87 worshipers present on that particular Sunday. The speaker lamented over... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Man and Change

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 60960Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15

Spurgeon’s ministry was particularly known for successfully attracting people from every walk of life, from the poor of London to members of Parliament. During his thirty-eight years as pastor, he built up the congregation of 6,000 and added 14,692 members to the church.

When author and pastor Leith Anderson attended the Metropolitan Tabernacle in 1972, they had but 87 worshipers present on that particular Sunday. The speaker lamented over... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Man and Change

Amen. The Bible warns us about this "change". Man has ALWAYS been prone to wandering from their first love, so to speak. And thus we see it played-out even in the great churches that used to seat thousands hungry for God and His Word. There are warnings after warnings of this very thing in God's Word. Man has not "changed". He's ALWAYS had a heart that can grow cold to God. That's why we are to "feed" on God's Word, and to pray for Him to guard our hearts and minds and souls.......because we, like sheep, DO soooo have a tendency to go astray.

After all, the enemy goes about as a roaring lion, doesn't he? And THAT is why we are admonished to put on the full armor of God.

Thank you for your edifying message and meditation, and reminder, brother. A very blessed Thanksgiving to you today.

GOD and the roaring lion seeking to devour.jpg

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i'm thankful for a warm, dry roof over me head on this verrrry cold, wind-chilled arctic Thanksgiving morning.

A very blessed Thanksgiving Day to you my friend. :)

View attachment 245671
Thank you so very much Brinny. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0