✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples." - Luke 11:1

Luke points out four keys to prayer:

1. Our approach: “Our Father...”
2. Our aim: “which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name...”
3. Our attitude: “Give us this day our daily bread...”
4. Our atmosphere: “...forgive us.”

But the real key to prayer is being able to... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Learning To Pray

Reactions: brinny

Elaine1960!!

Oct 5, 2018
Piedmont
✟8,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Very true, dead people can't pray. Thank you for sharing this devotional.
I sometimes feel like my prayers go no further than the ceiling. It's a good thing that Gods love for me is not based on my feeling's. I did a Bible study once about this scripture. He showed us exactly how we should come to our Father..

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Very true, dead people can't pray. Thank you for sharing this devotional.
I sometimes feel like my prayers go no further than the ceiling. It's a good thing that Gods love for me is not based on my feeling's. I did a Bible study once about this scripture. He showed us exactly how we should come to our Father..
Elaine, thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. Hope you have a blessed Friday!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is true that only His "own" can pray, and that is because when His own prays, they are seeking His face, and with a fervency, and it's akin to Jacob, wrestling with God, which is sorely misunderstood. In the wrestling, Jacob was fervently pouring out all that was in him. After all, he was in dire trouble, and God was all he had. In his sheer desperation he took hold of the Angel of the Lord, and would NOT let go. He NEEDED God desperately and knew the only One Who could help him was God. We can do the same. Take hold of God (He's ALL we have) and NOT let go.

This is the epitome of what Jacob did:

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~Jam 5:16

It is also in sync with this verse:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." ~Heb 4:16

And what does God do? It's similar to this:

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away." ~Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

A most blessed Friday to you, brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0