Daily Devotion: Have You Heard From Heaven?

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." - John 14:14

There are 667 prayers recorded in the Bible and 454 of those prayers have recorded answers. This does not mean that God doesn’t answer all prayers. He does. Sometimes the answer is no and other times, the Lord simply delays in answering. But God answers our prayers.

When the late President William McKinley was in office, his mother lay critically ill in Canton, Ohio. As he departed to return to Washington, he instructed the nurse...

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Have You Heard From Heaven?

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning!

Yes, God ALWAYS answers our prayers. However not in ways that we always expect. He is infinitely more wise than any of us, and it is by His grace that sometimes our prayers seemingly are unanswered, as what we pray for at times would've been a disaster or detrimental to us or someone else.

Many of our prayers are NOT according to His will. In addition, He examines our hearts and what our "motives" are.

God is not a "dispensing machine".

Our hearts need to be "right" with Him, and therefore our prayers will be "according to His will" and not ours.

As it is written in James, prayers asked (or demanded) a'miss:

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." ~Jam 4:3

Thank you for this timely and profound study and meditation, brother.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Many blessings to you brother. This song just came on the radio (well, a version of it hahaa), and i wanted to share it with you. Thank you for being such a blessing here on CF.

God bless you mightily today.

(You have blessed me. May God bless yer socks off, brother.)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning!

Yes, God ALWAYS answers our prayers. However not in ways that we always expect. He is infinitely more wise than any of us, and it is by His grace that sometimes our prayers seemingly are unanswered, as what we pray for at times would've been a disaster or detrimental to us or someone else.

Many of our prayers are NOT according to His will. In addition, He examines our hearts and what our "motives" are.

God is not a "dispensing machine".

Our hearts need to be "right" with Him, and therefore our prayers will be "according to His will" and not ours.

As it is written in James, prayers asked (or demanded) a'miss:

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." ~Jam 4:3

Thank you for this timely and profound study and meditation, brother.

God bless you.
Brinny, as always, thank you for reading and sharing your comments. In Christ alone!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0