✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication." - Psalm 55:1

Psalm 55 was believed to have been written during the time of Absalom’s rebellion. If you’re looking for an outline, Psalm 55 could be broken down into three parts. In verses 1 – 8 we see David’s fears, while in verses 9 – 15 we see David’s foes, and in verses 16 – 23 we see David’s friend. But David never forfeited his right to pray.

Dr. L. R. Scarborough told of a man he dealt with in a western city during one of his evangelistic campaigns. The man was not interested in spiritual matters. A day or so later however, he came weeping to where the preacher was staying. He cried... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Don't Forfeit Away Your Privilege of Prayer

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

"Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication." - Psalm 55:1

Psalm 55 was believed to have been written during the time of Absalom’s rebellion. If you’re looking for an outline, Psalm 55 could be broken down into three parts. In verses 1 – 8 we see David’s fears, while in verses 9 – 15 we see David’s foes, and in verses 16 – 23 we see David’s friend. But David never forfeited his right to pray.

Dr. L. R. Scarborough told of a man he dealt with in a western city during one of his evangelistic campaigns. The man was not interested in spiritual matters. A day or so later however, he came weeping to where the preacher was staying. He cried... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Don't Forfeit Away Your Privilege of Prayer

What a compelling question. There is one that will fight us tooth n' nail to KEEP us from praying. There will be all KINDS of distractions and all manner of things coming at us in an attempt to get us bogged down, and that includes "entertainment", like our fav'rite program just came on, or the internet, or a telephone call (and wouldn't ya' know, it's most likely a telemarketer??!! Ugh!!!) And there, i've done it again...been distracted for the umpteenth time, and i've done missed particular prayer times as well as time in His Word, and telling Him all that is my heart.

God "joys" when we come to Him with a genuine heart, to seek His face. And His joy becomes ours. It surely must be His Holy Spirit, beaming in us, flowing out, as we smile from the inside, out.

Our "nourishment" comes from being in God's presence and seeking His face.

It IS a privilege to be in His presence, even if not one word is spoken. After all, He reads our "hearts", not our "words", which sometimes don't "match".

Sometimes we can just go crawl up in His lap and lay our weary heads on His chest.

We are, after all, His children.

How precious is THAT??!!

Thank you for this encouraging and edifying study and meditation on this brisk and chilly-ish fall day.

God bless you brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What a compelling question. There is one that will fight us tooth n' nail to KEEP us from praying. There will be all KINDS of distractions and all manner of things coming at us in an attempt to get us bogged down, and that includes "entertainment", like our fav'rite program just came on, or the internet, or a telephone call (and wouldn't ya' know, it's most likely a telemarketer??!! Ugh!!!) And there, i've done it again...been distracted for the umpteenth time, and i've done missed particular prayer times as well as time in His Word, and telling Him all that is my heart.

God "joys" when we come to Him with a genuine heart, to seek His face. And His joy becomes ours. It surely must be His Holy Spirit, beaming in us, flowing out, as we smile from the inside, out.

Our "nourishment" comes from being in God's presence and seeking His face.

It IS a privilege to be in His presence, even if not one word is spoken. After all, He reads our "hearts", not our "words", which sometimes don't "match".

Sometimes we can just go crawl up in His lap and lay our weary heads on His chest.

We are, after all, His children.

How precious is THAT??!!

Thank you for this encouraging and edifying study and meditation on this brisk and chilly-ish fall day.

God bless you brother. :)
Greetings Brinny. thank you for taking the time to ponder the devotion and leave your comments. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings Brinny. thank you for taking the time to ponder the devotion and leave your comments. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Thank you and a most blessed Wednesday to you as well brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0