✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 62520Good morning everyone! 191206

And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.” - Esther 3:6

People bully in order to attract attention from others. They always want to be in the limelight, and make a good impression on other individuals. In essence, you can say the bully demands control and popularity. What the bully needs to understand...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #FIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Continue Reading: Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Bullying

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 62520Good morning everyone! 191206

And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.” - Esther 3:6

People bully in order to attract attention from others. They always want to be in the limelight, and make a good impression on other individuals. In essence, you can say the bully demands control and popularity. What the bully needs to understand...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #FIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Continue Reading: Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Bullying
From the devotion, this stood out for me:

"Show Christ’s love, not Satan’s hatred."

Sometimes showing Christ's love is to "love them well" and in a "healthy" way that sets limits on their evil and intentionally hurtful and destructive behavior.

Kinda' reminds me of David with Goliath, perhaps one of the most notable and biggest bullies in history. As the king and his entire army cowered in fear, David took the "bull by the horns", so to speak, and carried out justice and righteousness that was sorely needed.

Sometimes, bullies are, bottom line, power-hungry and blood-thirsty, and allowing them to continue, un-checked, reinforces the onerousness and evil. (It's on the same lines as the Nazi's and the Jewish people, as so many just stood by as millions were exterminated like vermin). Evil was allowed to reign supreme.

David did what should've already been done by this cowardly king and his army.

The quote below comes to mind.

Thank you for this thought-provoking and heart and soul searching devotion on this verrrry cold and partly sunny Friday morning in December.

God bless you.

bbrr.gif

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was 10 yo, I broke the school bully's nose. Worked for everyone. :oldthumbsup:

"Love your enemies"

But love sometimes hurt... a lot!:ebil:

Not every bully has a painful background. Some just like to bully.
Good morning Timewerx. As you noted, each circumstance is different. My wife was being bullied in school. her mom tried to work through the proper channels 9teacher, principal, school board, etc.) but nothing was being done so her mother told her rare back and punch her in the nose. The girl and my future wife became best friends. Hope you have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From the devotion, this stood out for me:

"Show Christ’s love, not Satan’s hatred."

Sometimes showing Christ's love is to "love them well" and in a "healthy" way that sets limits on their evil and intentionally hurtful and destructive behavior.

Kinda' reminds me of David with Goliath, perhaps one of the most notable and biggest bullies in history. As the king and his entire army cowered in fear, David took the "bull by the horns", so to speak, and carried out justice and righteousness that was sorely needed.

Sometimes, bullies are, bottom line, power-hungry and blood-thirsty, and allowing them to continue, un-checked, reinforces the onerousness and evil. (It's on the same lines as the Nazi's and the Jewish people, as so many just stood by as millions were exterminated like vermin). Evil was allowed to reign supreme.

David did what should've already been done by this cowardly king and his army.

The quote below comes to mind.

Thank you for this thought-provoking and heart and soul searching devotion on this verrrry cold and partly sunny Friday morning in December.

God bless you.

bbrr.gif

iu

Amen Brinny. I love the thought behind the meme.

We are a little cooler too we are currently at 57, with a high of 58. But it is still in my good zone. Maybe, your snow will come soon.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. i agree about the quote. He (as well as Sophie Scholl and others) was a minister in Germany and stood against evil of Nazi-ism and the oppression, persecution, and the evil of reducing of the Jewish people to the status of less than vermin and in essence, "life unworthy of life".

The temps still sound lovely. We might reach 50F here today.

Thank you, and a most blessed day to you as well.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0