Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61150Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.” - James 3:14

In the end, the bitter person is the only one really hurt by their bitterness. I call bitterness a self-inflicted wound. John Underhill writes: “A man in Spokane (Mr. Russell) had arranged for the minister from Fourth Memorial church to have his wedding. The day came and the minister didn't. The minister sent a replacement. The man was... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: A Tip About Bitterness

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Whoa! That's a profound reminder, isn't it? Reminds me of what a Bible teacher said once that i'll never forget. And that was to walk in an "attitude of mercy". To even breeeeathe out this after cleaving to it in our hearts. The bottom line, is that we ALL need mercy and forgiveness, but most of all, "we" do. When we finally learn this, we are more apt to not jump to conclusions and to extend grace, even if there WAS an actual hurt done.

And we find that we can finally learn that the grace we extend to others, has started with us, as we realize that God REALLY HAS extended His grace and mercy to US, even as we did NOT "deserve" it. We no longer are "tortured" or "haunted" by the notion that God has not forgiven us, when He HAS done so.

And therein lies the peace that He promises us.

We have peace with God and man, and OURSELVES.

Precious.

Thank you for this priceless study, and meditation, and reminder on this cool-ish and partly sunny Wednesday afternoon in January, my friend.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Whoa! That's a profound reminder, isn't it? Reminds me of what a Bible teacher said once that i'll never forget. And that was to walk in an "attitude of mercy". To even breeeeathe out this after cleaving to it in our hearts. The bottom line, is that we ALL need mercy and forgiveness, but most of all, "we" do. When we finally learn this, we are more apt to not jump to conclusions and to extend grace, even if there WAS an actual hurt done.

And we find that we can finally learn that the grace we extend to others, has started with us, as we realize that God REALLY HAS extended His grace and mercy to US, even as we did NOT "deserve" it. We no longer are "tortured" or "haunted" by the notion that God has not forgiven us, when He HAS done so.

And therein lies the peace that He promises us.

We have peace with God and man, and OURSELVES.

Precious.

Thank you for this priceless study, and meditation, and reminder on this cool-ish and partly sunny Wednesday afternoon in January, my friend.

God bless you.
Amen Brinny. When considering grace and mercy, I always come back to 'But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:15. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen Brinny. When considering grace and mercy, I always come back to 'But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:15. Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Yes, one of the hardest lessons God has ever taught me. He FINALLY gave me eyes to "see" that the mercy and grace that i extend to others are LINKED right back to me, and i can "rest" in God's grace and mercy, and "let go" of my perceived "right" to hold it against others who may have hurt me.

Joyce Meyer did just that. What a testimony she has. Her father abused her monstrously in all kinds of ways as a little child and all through her teen years. Later, when he was older, God enabled her to forgive her father (and her mother) and she bought a house for them and took care of them. Eventually her father, nearing death, asked her forgiveness and accepted Christ as his Savior.

Precious testimony.

I've done the same with my family. Only God's grace makes it even possible. The bottom line is, that when we forgive others, extending grace and mercy, a deep healing occurs for us, and chains are cast off of not only those we forgive, but off of us.

Family curses are broken.

Miracles commence.

Souls are set free, including our own.

Praise God!

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0