India
Visit site
✟2,109.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bible Blessing-148

The Lord watches over you; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.... (Psalm 121:5)

When Abraham stayed in Gerar, he said of his wife Sarah, "She is my sister." So Abimelech, king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her. But God came to Abimelech in a dream one night and said to him, "You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman." Abimelech had no bodily relations with her, so he said, "Lord, I am innocent. The man told me she was his sister and she said, 'he is my brother', 'I have done this with a clear conscience'." Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. Now return the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all yours will die."

Abimelech and his men were very afraid. When Abimelech confronted Abraham as to why he had lied to him, Abraham replied, "I said to myself, 'I see no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife. Moreover, she is my sister as we have the same father."

"Then Abimelech brought sheep and cattle and male and female slaves and gave them to Abraham, and he returned Sarah his wife to him. And Abimelech said, "My land is before you; live wherever you like." To Sarah he (with some sarcasm) said, "I am giving your brother a thousand shekels of silver. This is to cover the offense against you before all who are with you; you are completely vindicated."

Abraham and Sarah had their limitations and short comings. They harbored fears. They tried to rely on half truths to protect themselves. Yet God was watching over them for their good. Things could have gone wrong very easily, but God was in control of the situation here, for Abraham. As he told Abimelech, "I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her."

God is watching over us too,...and at all times. He is there to intervene on our behalf in all situations of our lives. But let us not rely on half truths for our safety. The one who has called us in to the fellowship with his son, Jesus Christ is faithful. Let us look to him each day and sing what the Psalmist sang, "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.(Psalm 121:2)

Upvote 0

jeremiah7

Nov 24, 2005
India
Visit site
✟2,109.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
DBB-149

Then this Daniel was distinguished above the presidents and the satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm. Then the presidents and the satraps sought to find occasion against Daniel as touching the kingdom; but they could find no occasion nor fault, because he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him. Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God. (Daniel 6:3-5)

Daniel's enemies examined his life to find some fault, so that they could bring accusations against him to the king, but they could find nothing. They found that he was faithful and without error. Yet, they did not stop there. They knew that Daniel was a true Israelite and worshiped his God faithfully, so they devised a plan to trap him in that aspect. They made the king sign a royal statute that whoever shall ask a petition of any god or man for thirty days, except the king, he shall be cast into the den of lions.

Daniel did not swerve from his devotion to Almighty God and prayed and worshiped him, as was his routine; as a consequence, he was thrown in to the lion's den. His enemies were happy and thought that, that would be the last they saw of Daniel, but God Almighty had other plans; plans of not only rescuing Daniel and destroying his enemies, but more importantly, making his power and glory known to a gentile king.

Daniel had a testimony; the king had a decree to proclaim....

Daniel said......My God has sent his angel, and has shut the lions' mouths, and they have not hurt me; because as before him innocence was found in me; and also before you, O king, have I done no hurt.(Daniel 6:22)

The king decreed.....in all the dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for he is the living God, and steadfast forever, His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed; and his dominion shall be even to the end. (Daniel 6:26)

End of story......Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian. (Daniel 6:28)

If God has blessed and exalted you, know that the enemy is jealous of you and would want to put you down, as he did in the life of Daniel, but be assured that the plans of the enemy will not materialize for you have found favor with God. Another blessing awaits you.

Upvote 0

jeremiah7

Nov 24, 2005
India
Visit site
✟2,109.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
DBB-150

But the high priest rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with jealousy, and laid hands on the apostles, and put them in public custody. But an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors by night, and brought them out, and said, "Go stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life." (Acts 5:17-20)

By the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people after Pentecost. More believers were added to the Lord. They even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on cots and mattresses, so that as Peter came by, at the least his shadow might overshadow some of them. Great multitudes also came together from the cities around Jerusalem, bringing sick people, and those who were tormented by unclean spirits: and they were all healed. The rulers were unable to control the works of the Apostles, so they put them in prison. But an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors by night, and brought them out, and said, "Go stand and speak in the temple to the people........"

Despite oppositions, the work on the kingdom of God has progressed from Pentecost until today. Many have become martyrs for the Lord; others have labored and have entered in to glory after their work and time on earth were over.

The baton has been passed on to our generation by them who have preceded us. Despite sufferings, persecutions and hindrances, the Word of God has gone to most corners of the world. The Holy Spirit of God is guiding believers in to the work that needs to be yet done. God is using his chosen vessels and large numbers are being added to God's family each day.

Are we fulfilling our calling? is a question that we should ask ourselves.
At the end of our earthly journey, will we be able to hear the sweet voice of the master say.....
'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' (Matthew 25:23)

Blessed are they who know even now, that they will hear this from their wonderful Savior when the time comes.

Upvote 0

jeremiah7

Nov 24, 2005
India
Visit site
✟2,109.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
365 Nuggets of Gold-21

Matthew 17:5
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

On a high mountain with Peter, James and John, when Jesus was transfigured and spoke with Moses and Elijah who appeared there, Peter had plans of his own and he voiced them, but was stopped by the Father in heaven, who explicitly told him..... “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Are you listening to Jesus? He once said.... My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.....

Jesus knows what's best for you. Listen to him. Let not your own voice or the voices of people crowd out the voice of the Savior. Look to him, listen to him, live for him. Be blessed and be a blessing.

Upvote 0