NoQuestion

Here we stand, worlds apart.
Dec 17, 2006
✟18,989.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Happy birthday Joanna!! You've been a great friend on here! 16, what a milestone! :D

Hmm...I'm not sure what advice I have, but I can try to share something with you that really spoke to me personally. I hope that, if it doesn't relate to you now, you can remember it if/when the time comes!

"Don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

This isn't just regarding guys or dating, it's a general rule that I keep for myself in the entire friend department. I used to think that the best philosophy for friendship is to trust someone just because they didn't give you a reason not to. I realize that is a pretty ignorant way of thinking. The wisest way to approach people and life is to trust people when they give you a reason to trust them. Sometimes it's really easy to just want to assume the best in everyone, and though it's good to look for the good in everyone, you'll never be able to trust anyone as well as you can trust your own family!

Hopefully, you'll find amazing friendships in life. Friendships that will last and last, but a lot of times, friends grow apart and things happen to separate them. Family, however, will ALWAYS be there. If not in the same home, just a phone call away. When I realize that I am putting my friends before my family, I remember who is going to be with me the rest of my life, and who (most likely) won't. Friends are SUCH a blessing, and your family was specially designed to be your best friends too! =D

HAPPY 16th!!

-Debbie :hug:

Upvote 0

catofhope

Cathy loves her husband Randy
Dec 19, 2006
✟29,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy birthday Joanna!! You've been a great friend on here! 16, what a milestone! :D

Hmm...I'm not sure what advice I have, but I can try to share something with you that really spoke to me personally. I hope that, if it doesn't relate to you now, you can remember it if/when the time comes!

"Don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

This isn't just regarding guys or dating, it's a general rule that I keep for myself in the entire friend department. I used to think that the best philosophy for friendship is to trust someone just because they didn't give you a reason not to. I realize that is a pretty ignorant way of thinking. The wisest way to approach people and life is to trust people when they give you a reason to trust them. Sometimes it's really easy to just want to assume the best in everyone, and though it's good to look for the good in everyone, you'll never be able to trust anyone as well as you can trust your own family!

Hopefully, you'll find amazing friendships in life. Friendships that will last and last, but a lot of times, friends grow apart and things happen to separate them. Family, however, will ALWAYS be there. If not in the same home, just a phone call away. When I realize that I am putting my friends before my family, I remember who is going to be with me the rest of my life, and who (most likely) won't. Friends are SUCH a blessing, and your family was specially designed to be your best friends too! =D

HAPPY 16th!!

Amazing advice, Debbie. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

catofhope

Cathy loves her husband Randy
Dec 19, 2006
✟29,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sweet-sixteen.gif

Reactions: bvwsmaker
Upvote 0
D

Daffodilly

Never lose the joy of discovery by falling victim to the boredom of routine. Make an appointment to explore a fresh blessing of God, whether it be the joy of discovering a new location, the wonder of hearing a new song for the first time (or creating your own poem or lyric), or the awe of encouraging a friend in a meaningful way. And with our infinite God, the possibilities for discovery are truly endless!!!

The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22, 23)
Thank you Randy! :hug:
(Hope that hug is OK with you Cathy! ;) :D)

Upvote 0
D

Daffodilly

Hope you have a great year ahead, too!
:) Thank you, Ruth! :)

As grandma would say, " Never look back at what you may have missed for it may be waiting for you in the future. Never forget to say you love someone, for it will come back to you ten fold. Be all that you can be, soar like an eagle and thank God for every moment He has given you."
God bless and Happy Birthday!
That's very good advice - thank you so much! :)

Upvote 0
D

Daffodilly

HAPPY 16th!!

Thank you so much, Debbie!
I was so surprised and so happy to see your post! :hug:

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

Daffodilly

I don't want to have my picture taken, But I just wanted to say..

HAPPY 16th B-day!!

You as a 16 year old can do way much more then me..
:( lucky! You can drive.. Stay up later! I am just SO Happy that you are 16! HAPPY B-DAY!!

Thank you Kyle! :p Your post cracked me up! ^_^ But I loved it. And I'm glad I'm 16, too. Thank you.

Upvote 0

bvwsmaker

Randy loves his wife Cathy!!!
Aug 26, 2005
Maine
Visit site
✟22,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:yum: They had a birthday cake at Youth Group tonight. :yum:

My friend Tori brought it, and it was pretty tasty.
But a lot of the frosting was purple and everyone's teeth and lips were stained a rather disgusting color when we finished eating! :p
Oh sure, the time you post something funny now I'm the one out of reps! Hopefully I remember to get it maybe tomorrow.

Upvote 0
D

Daffodilly

Oh sure, the time you post something funny now I'm the one out of reps! Hopefully I remember to get it maybe tomorrow.
You've repped me plenty, my friend! :)

Besides, I'm kind of glad to read this. I used up my last reps for the night and THEN saw the creative birthday greeting you sent me via rep notes. That must have taken some planning. :p :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bvwsmaker

Aug 26, 2005
Maine
Visit site
✟22,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, this verse reminds me of you:

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit. (Jeremiah 17:7,8)

Drink well from His Word and you will bear much fruit as you abide in Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bvwsmaker

Aug 26, 2005
Maine
Visit site
✟22,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You've repped me plenty, my friend! :)

Besides, I'm kind of glad to read this. I used up my last reps for the night and THEN saw the creative birthday greeting you sent me via rep notes. That must have taken some planning. :p :thumbsup:
I've had practice with Cathy! But I wish I knew the codes to make it purple - that would have been the sweet touch!

Upvote 0