Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My dad likes country music, he has a collection of CDs, and I like country music too. We all like gospel, I like poetic songs and hymns. I like songs that speak of gardens and flowers.

"I walk in the morning with the Lord in the garden while the dew is still on the roses, and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, and the joy I feel as I tarry there, can no one carry alone."

Ok, I don't remember all of the lyrics, but I like the beautiful old-fashion hymns. The one about mountains, grace, there are different hymns about roses. I have done some visual art, pictures of roses, poets talk about roses. The Bible speaks romantically about the lily and rose. I like country music but like my dad I don't like the modern country music artist. Leanne Rimes, Taylor Swift, they sound more like rock than country. I used to like Shania Twain. I mostly like Christian music these days, not modern, I like Amy Grant, Avalon, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Jaci Velasquez, Rebecca St. James,

My Dad likes Loretta Lynn, Dolly Pardon, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, and the
Carters.

Elvis Presley did a wonderful gospel album. He should have stuck with that.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
First verse starts:
"I come to the Garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
and the joy we share as we tarry there,
The Son of God discloses.
Chorus:
And He walks with me,
And He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
Verse 2:
He speaks, and the sound of His voice is so sweet, the birds hush their singing.
And the melody that He sings to me, within my heart is ringing.
Chorus repeat.
I'll see if I can find the right words and link them here in the thread.
Like you, I remember parts, but not the whole.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a religious believer, but I appreciate good music of any kind. This is the song traditionally played by the band at a New Orleans funeral as the procession slowly marches to the burial site. Patsy Cline recorded a great version in the late 50s. She's backed up by the Jordanaires, Elvis's backgound singers.

Charley's recording of this old gospel tune is the best. Great upbeat, toe-tapping rhythm.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My dad says a lot of country music singers are Christians. I know a lot of country music is about alcoholism and unfaithfulness, but there are a lot of Christian, gospel songs. Most singers sing gospel songs while doing a performance. My dad likes old school country. He does not like Garth Brooks or Taylor Swift. A lot of modern country is like rock. It can be aggravating. We both hate it when the music 'artists' do stupid things like setting the guitar on fire or smashing the guitar. This shows a disrespect for music. Guitars are expensive. They should give their guitar to a poor young person who is learning music and needs a guitar. Donating their guitar would make them look good for charity work and help a young person in need.

I am not musically talented. I have trouble hearing the difference between notes. I am tone deaf. But I like listening to music. I don't like loud aggressive angry obnoxious music. I like ballads, a song that tells a story. I like birds singing and nature sounds.

Upvote 0