✟15,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello there.
I'm kinda trying to lose some belly fat. I make it short, I'm 25 years old, 193 cm tall, 93 kg, and my waist size(belly size) is 96cm, im tryin to bring it down to like 86ish.
I would like to ask how much calories are enough for me to lose weight?
my daily schedule is like this: I work out 6 days a week, twice a day.
Example:
Monday - 4 exercises with 4 sets for chest and finishing off with 400 jumps on jumping rope, later that day 4 exercises for Triceps 4 sets.
every other day is pretty much the same, with other body parts(biceps/legs/shoulders...etc), but the intensity similar.
what you think how much calories do I need to consume to lose some weight.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know but there are web sites that can give you average calories for your weight/height and they recommend you subtract about 500 calories if you want to lose weight and I will add that 500 calories worth of exercises would be a good start in it all. Weight training depending on intensity may not be a profitable in weight loss vs cardio

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there.
I'm kinda trying to lose some belly fat. I make it short, I'm 25 years old, 193 cm tall, 93 kg, and my waist size(belly size) is 96cm, im tryin to bring it down to like 86ish.
Example:
Monday - 4 exercises with 4 sets for chest and finishing off with 400 jumps on jumping rope, later that day 4 exercises for Triceps 4 sets.
every other day is pretty much the same, with other body parts(biceps/legs/shoulders...etc), but the intensity similar.
It takes burning 3,500 calories to lose one pound. As has been said, if you eat 500 fewer calories per day ... and/or burn 500 more calories per day, you should lose about a pound a week.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟476,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You'll need between 2800 - 3200 calories to maintain your weight right where it is. So start at 3000 calories a day and see what happens after a week. If you maintain your weight drop your calories down to 2700 for a week. You'll drop the most weight in your first week of the diet. After the first week you only want to drop about 3 pounds a week. Rather than going on a diet - consider changing the way you eat permanently - then slowly drop all the weight you want. Here's a good link to help: DIET

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello there.
Example:

Hi wilburnheroux,

I don't know anything about calories, but you could try giving up gluten as that can cause a lot of weight problems. Give up all wheat, rye, barley and oats products for a while and see how you go with your weight? All your nutritional needs can be met by corn, rice, fruit & veggies, meat, eggs, etc.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟94,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
index.jpg

First published in 2011, Wheat Belly introduced the world to the hidden dangers of modern wheat and gluten, revolutionizing the conversation around health and weight loss forever. Nearly a decade later, Dr. William Davis’s provocative indictment of the dominant staple in our diet continues to inspire countless people to “lose the wheat.”

After witnessing thousands of patients regain their health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic—and its elimination is key to drastic weight loss and optimal health. In Wheat Belly, Dr. Davis provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle. Now updated with refreshed recipes, new program guidelines, and cutting-edge nutritional findings, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what truly is making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this harmful ingredient.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 281938
First published in 2011, Wheat Belly introduced the world to the hidden dangers of modern wheat and gluten, revolutionizing the conversation around health and weight loss forever. Nearly a decade later, Dr. William Davis’s provocative indictment of the dominant staple in our diet continues to inspire countless people to “lose the wheat.”

After witnessing thousands of patients regain their health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic—and its elimination is key to drastic weight loss and optimal health. In Wheat Belly, Dr. Davis provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle. Now updated with refreshed recipes, new program guidelines, and cutting-edge nutritional findings, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what truly is making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this harmful ingredient.

The problem isn't with the wheat but with our sedentary lifestyle. Wheat (bread) is fuel for physical work, not for papershuffling.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello there.
Example:
what you think how much calories do I need to consume to lose some weight.[/QUOT

You need to work out your present calorie intake that's maintaining your bodyweight. Then, as others have suggested cut back around 500 calories per day, this needs to come from a combination of calories and training. I would suggest upping your chest routine to 6 sets at least and any other larger body parts. How many reps are you performing each set? Are you doing a different exercise for the same body part each time you train it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there.
Example:

Crunches of several different kinds that target slightly different muscles in the back and belly with interval training is the only way I found to shrink that gut. After five pregnancies, one part of my gut resists shrinking, but my gut is still much tighter than it was before. Steve Zim has a program that places gut exercises at the end with three sets of interval training exercises. You might be able to find a book at your local library. Learn the exercise and do these three times a week and your gut will shrink in size.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@ChristServant

It seems you’re well informed based on your recent comments. Are you a fitness buff or do you have professional training?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Hi Bella,
Sorry for late response, laptop died after new hard drive install, all fixed now.
I use to coach weightlifting and teach other types of training as well as giving advice for people wanting to lose weight or gain weight. I have trained a few bodybuilders too. Been training in one form or another since I was young and been training alongside many decent athletes so, you gain knowledge.

Peace be to all those in Christ

Truly we are here to serve and not to be served.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Bella,
Sorry for late response, laptop died after new hard drive install, all fixed now.
I use to coach weightlifting and teach other types of training as well as giving advice for people wanting to lose weight or gain weight. I have trained a few bodybuilders too. Been training in one form or another since I was young and been training alongside many decent athletes so, you gain knowledge.

CS,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm glad you got everything sorted out. :)

I had a feeling you were speaking from experience. There was a clear note of expertise in your comments.

Are you still a trainer?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
CS,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I'm glad you got everything sorted out. :)

I had a feeling you were speaking from experience. There was a clear note of expertise in your comments.

Are you still a trainer?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Only for friends or just helping people with some advice. I believe most people only need simple advice as most aren't semi or professional athletes. Didn't really like the politics in the training world, was interested in helping people rather than anything else so left it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there.
Example:

800 calories a day. It's hard but you will survive. The last time I did any maintenance I ran 5 miles per day and lifted for 30 minutes. I stayed on the 800 calories a day for a year. My weight stabilized at 155 lbs. I'm 6' tall. All muscle no fat. I wish I could do all that now. I miss running.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Only for friends or just helping people with some advice. I believe most people only need simple advice as most aren't semi or professional athletes. Didn't really like the politics in the training world, was interesting in helping people rather than anything else so left it.

CS,

Perhaps you can use your experience to benefit the church. There's a definite need for health experts. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
CS,

Perhaps you can use your experience to benefit the church. There's a definite need for health experts. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

It's really difficult to help people who are not willing to put in the work or as is with most, not willing to change lifestyles which is the biggest problem. People want to continue abusing their bodies and looking for a quick fix that doesn't work. People nowadays are too dependent on tablets and doctors and don't seem to really care about health until it's too late. We live in a society where extremes seem to be the norm for the majority.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's really difficult to help people who are not willing to put in the work or as is with most, not willing to change lifestyles which is the biggest problem. People want to continue abusing their bodies and looking for a quick fix that doesn't work. People nowadays are too dependant on tablets and doctors and don't seem to really care about health until it's too late. We live in a society where extremes seem to be the norm for the majority.

CS,

That's true. But mindset plays a part. You can be overweight and believe its wrong and know change is needed. Or you can excuse your behavior and take a different stance. I don't know if that can be taught. I believe some of its innate.

There has to be an internal barometer that says enough. Some people don't have it. They require significant motivation externally, usually illness, before they'll change. Societal messages haven't helped.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. There are groups on Facebook for fitness lovers of all ages and abilities. Alternatively what about joining a community sports club in your area? Another good option is to see if you can find some books on exercise or DVDs at your local bookshop, library or online as well. If you have a local gym, you may want to become a active member.

Set some fitness goals to keep motivated. If you can afford it, use a fitness trainer. Swimming is a good way to keep fit and healthy. Find a buddy or fitness partner for added support. Good luck. There are lots of activity options out there. Pick a few you love.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello there.
Example:

I'm not sure what your desiring to do, but your waist to height ratio (a more accurate measure than BMI) puts you in the healthy range.

Waist to Height Ratio (WHtR) Calculator

At most you might like to do some core body exercises to give your abs some more definition, but I wouldn't diet if I were you, just make sure the calories your consuming are healthy foods.

Upvote 0