• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Cutting my Waist size

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by wilburnheroux, Jul 29, 2020.

1. wilburnheroux

wilburnheroux New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello there.
    I'm kinda trying to lose some belly fat. I make it short, I'm 25 years old, 193 cm tall, 93 kg, and my waist size(belly size) is 96cm, im tryin to bring it down to like 86ish.
    I would like to ask how much calories are enough for me to lose weight?
    my daily schedule is like this: I work out 6 days a week, twice a day.
    Example:
    Monday - 4 exercises with 4 sets for chest and finishing off with 400 jumps on jumping rope, later that day 4 exercises for Triceps 4 sets.
    every other day is pretty much the same, with other body parts(biceps/legs/shoulders...etc), but the intensity similar.
    what you think how much calories do I need to consume to lose some weight.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+41,210
    Christian
    I don't know but there are web sites that can give you average calories for your weight/height and they recommend you subtract about 500 calories if you want to lose weight and I will add that 500 calories worth of exercises would be a good start in it all. Weight training depending on intensity may not be a profitable in weight loss vs cardio

3. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,119
    Christian
    Married
    It takes burning 3,500 calories to lose one pound. As has been said, if you eat 500 fewer calories per day ... and/or burn 500 more calories per day, you should lose about a pound a week.

4. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,567
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You'll need between 2800 - 3200 calories to maintain your weight right where it is. So start at 3000 calories a day and see what happens after a week. If you maintain your weight drop your calories down to 2700 for a week. You'll drop the most weight in your first week of the diet. After the first week you only want to drop about 3 pounds a week. Rather than going on a diet - consider changing the way you eat permanently - then slowly drop all the weight you want. Here's a good link to help: DIET

5. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I got to get on a diet myself.

My belly is touching the floor now! Woof!

6. Paulus59

Paulus59 Active Member

+358
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hi wilburnheroux,

I don't know anything about calories, but you could try giving up gluten as that can cause a lot of weight problems. Give up all wheat, rye, barley and oats products for a while and see how you go with your weight? All your nutritional needs can be met by corn, rice, fruit & veggies, meat, eggs, etc.

7. Paulus59

Paulus59 Active Member

+358
    Non-Denom
    Private
    index.jpg
    First published in 2011, Wheat Belly introduced the world to the hidden dangers of modern wheat and gluten, revolutionizing the conversation around health and weight loss forever. Nearly a decade later, Dr. William Davis’s provocative indictment of the dominant staple in our diet continues to inspire countless people to “lose the wheat.”

After witnessing thousands of patients regain their health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic—and its elimination is key to drastic weight loss and optimal health. In Wheat Belly, Dr. Davis provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle. Now updated with refreshed recipes, new program guidelines, and cutting-edge nutritional findings, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what truly is making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this harmful ingredient.

8. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,979
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The problem isn't with the wheat but with our sedentary lifestyle. Wheat (bread) is fuel for physical work, not for papershuffling.