Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
A raccoon is a wild animal and quite dangerous. An adult raccoon can do a great deal of damage even to an adult.

Exactly. They could get rabies and I never heard of anywhere where this was legal,.. but this guy is just petting them like they're kitty cats. SMH

Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my avatar is a tree behind us in neighbor's yard where raccoons live

we would never tell a kid "he won't hurt you" as in video

just last year, rabies was found in raccoons in our state
they used helicopters to drop oral rabies vaccine baits in several counties including ours

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
my avatar is a tree behind us in neighbor's yard where raccoons live

we would never tell a kid "he won't hurt you" as in video

just last year, rabies was found in raccoons in our state
they used helicopters to drop oral rabies vaccine baits in several counties including ours

I personally think that raccoons are adorable but a wild animal is going to do what a wild animal wants to do and yeah that guy was just lucky he didn't lose his hand in the second video.

• Agree
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Not cool imo. It’s not good for the raccoons or the people. I live out in the woods and see what they can do and it’s not pretty.

Yeah and not to mention that if they lose their fear of humans they could wind up getting hurt or killed.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah and not to mention that if they lose their fear of humans they could wind up getting hurt or killed.
Yep. And they stop hunting for their natural food and teach their young to do the same. It is not a good thing for anyone. Raccoons can be vicious.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I love raccoons, but people need to leave them alone. They are wild animals and can carry rabies, and it is not good for them to become dependent on humans for reasons stated above. I'm a zoo volunteer in wildlife rehabilitation (when there is no COVID-19 keeping it closed) and we don't take in raccoons because a special license is needed for them that we don't have. They are cute, but they are not pets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Olmhinlu

Apr 15, 2020
Undisclosed
✟59,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The corruption is obviously systemic or perhaps even systematic. Who do you call when the police are the ones feeding the wildlife? Racoons matter.

I mean I understand the romance of the whole thing, but we need to catch up with the times and realise that the 'wild west' days of unregulated contact between humans and animals is behind us.

I hope he is crucified upside down with the bear-whisperer on his left and that guy who raised lions on his right.

This post was sarcastic; despite your righteous, righteous anger, I do not advocate violence or encourage any of you to take matters in to your own hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Years and years ago, I dated this gentleman who lived un the mountains near Yosemite. We had a nightly ritual. Open the curtains to the sliding door leading to the backyard, right around close to sundown. And they would come, around 8 of them. They would raid his garbage can, bring out all the bottles and cans that contained the smallest amount of alcohol. And there was always plenty for my friend looooooved his booze. And the show would begin. They would guzzle every last drop that there was from all the bottles and cans and end up getting totally drunk and rowdy---they would play, chase, fight, toss the bottles and cans and put on one whale of a show. He left a little extra for them. We thought it was funny. Then I started thinking about it and decided this really was not funny and not good for these animals. We slowly weaned them off the stuff, less and less cans and bottles till there were none. They quite coming around. We missed them, but new they were better off. We never tried to feed or pet them, they can carry diseases, esp. up there, rabbis. But alcohol is not good for anyone---esp. any animal!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Years and years ago, I dated this gentleman who lived un the mountains near Yosemite. We had a nightly ritual. Open the curtains to the sliding door leading to the backyard, right aro9und cloose to sundown. And they would come, around 8 of them. They would raid his garbage can, bring out all the bottles and cans that contained the smallest amount of alcohol. And there was always plenty for my friend looooooved his booze. And the show would begin. They would guzzle every last drop that there was from all the bottles and cans and end up getting totally drunk and rowdy---they would play, chase, fight, toss the bottles and cans and put on one whale of a show. He left a little extra for them. We thought it was funny. Then I started thinking about it and decided this really was not funny and not good for these animals. We slowly weaned them off the stuff, less and less cans and bottles till there were none. They quite coming around. We missed them, but new they were better off. We never tried to feed or pet them, they can carry diseases, esp. up there, rabbis. But alcohol is not good for anyone---esp. any animal!

What makes matters worse in this circumstance is this guy in the videos I posted has cats. They can get rabbis too. I hope he washed his hands before petting them.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wonder what the odds are, the average racoon would have rabies?

I had three siblings that would come in the back door anytime I left it open, then to my bedroom and right up on the bed to get fed. I was able to watch them grow up.

Where I am now there are raccoons I could feed by hand, but don't (they come on the deck for cat food) and the most adorable/gorgeous skunk that I believe comes every day now...I don't always have to see him or her to know it's been there. :eek:

• Haha
Upvote 0