NA
✟9,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. As Christians we are to support Israel, God commands it.

2 Samuel 7:23-24 (MEV)

"And who is like Your people, like Israel—a single nation in the land, whom God went to redeem as a people for Himself, making a name for Himself by doing great and awesome things for Your land, before Your people whom You redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, a nation and its gods. You established Your people Israel as Your own people forever, and You, Lord, became their God."

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2019
Charlotte, NC
✟15,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We're in the politics section....
God is not here for me.
Israel wants supremacy??
What do the Palestianians want?
Why do they keep bombarding Israel?

Why has Israel been able to make progress and they haven't? Why do some of "them" (the palestinians) go to work in Israel and not in their own territory?
Why are there no jobs in their own home territory?
Maybe they could move to Jordan or some other place that would welcome them.

No. They'd like to push Israel into the sea. I heard this 40 years ago and I'm hearing it still to this day.
Kill the Israelis....

Want to know what I think? They should have followed God's rules from Joshua's time. They should have driven out all the palestinians when they had the chance back in 47.

Hi BTS,

You responded:

Just to offer another understanding, I don't see this as a show of 'Israeli Supremacy'. Israel is a nation that started off with more land than she has now and would like to reassert her sovereignty over what is admittedly disputed land areas. Israel has never really show themselves to be some kind of supreme nation, but with their borders as they are, Israel does sit in a rather precarious position as regards her own defense. I'm quite sure that if the roles were reversed and the land now know as Israel were the U.S., we'd want to be able to sleep at peace at night also with a more defensible position since we would be surrounded by some much larger enemy nations.

It isn't like Israel, unlike Germany, is trying to take over the whole of the middle east or even a single other established nation.

As to taking the homes and lives of 'Palestinian christians'. It's not like they send people out door to door to take a census of each families faith. They just want the land back that they believe, and yes I understand that it is a disputed area, was their land. It doesn't matter to them what the faith of the people living on that land is. Just like when the U.S. goes in and carpet bombs a city or drops nuclear weapons, those weapons don't knock on each door to find out the faith of the person living or working in the home or building before they destroy the lives and property that they will destroy.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

They do send people door to door. Settlers have taken homes far beyond what was legally recognized by the UN. Why does Palestine not develop? Because Palestine is hardly even a nation. They don't have the support internationally.

Israeli settlers come in with IDF and take land and no one will bat an eye. It happened to someone in my own parish. Her cousin was shot merely for being in the back of a group of kids when one of them threw a stone at an IDF officer (an older kid). Her cousin was caught in the crossfire of IDF opening fire on a group of kids.

Why don't you find the footages of the government sponsored race rallies they have over there with "Kill all Arabs" being the phrase of the time.

The land does not belong to them. The entire ruling class of Israel is European born Jewish descendants of European gentiles. The shepardic Jews, the ones who have been getting along peacefully in the region for centuries, are looked down upon for not having the European traditions, and for being slightly too brown for some of the elite Ashkenazim

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They do send people door to door. Settlers have taken homes far beyond what was legally recognized by the UN. Why does Palestine not develop? Because Palestine is hardly even a nation. They don't have the support internationally.

Israeli settlers come in with IDF and take land and no one will bat an eye. It happened to someone in my own parish. Her cousin was shot merely for being in the back of a group of kids when one of them threw a stone at an IDF officer (an older kid). Her cousin was caught in the crossfire of IDF opening fire on a group of kids.

Why don't you find the footages of the government sponsored race rallies they have over there with "Kill all Arabs" being the phrase of the time.

The land does not belong to them. The entire ruling class of Israel is European born Jewish descendants of European gentiles. The shepardic Jews, the ones who have been getting along peacefully in the region for centuries, are looked down upon for not having the European traditions, and for being slightly too brown for some of the elite Ashkenazim
The problem, as I see it, is that the Palestinians should not be there in the first place. It causes too much tension and conflict.

I always hear about Israel bombing the bank or the strip or so. lebanon,,,but I don't hear WHY they're doing this....I never hear that one of the others sent bombs into Israel,,,or put a bomb on a bus,, or a shopping place, etc.

Why haven't they developed? Because they're too busy throwing stones and teaching their children to hate the Israelis. Israel started out with a desert, look at it now. They took aid and put it to good use.
Why don't the Palestinians have help from THEIR borther?

Just thinking it out logically, if my family had to live in Palestine -- I'd move. They're fighting a losing war but hate the Israeli's so much they'd rather stay and give everyone grief.

As to the girl you know...I truly am sorry.
But soldiers get tired of having rocks thrown at them. They're not tiny little pebbles,,,they could cause damage to a person and even death (possibly). This has been going on for years, it's tiring.

When one lives in someone else's territory, they must adhere to the rules. I moved to Italy...I have to adhere to the rules of Italy...not the states. I can't come here and then want to change the country...which is what the P. are doing.

I don't agree with a two-state solution either.
What would change?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The relationship between the US and Israel is not really reciprocal, and frequently Israel has been at odds with the US's executive branch. So I'd say we are definitely within our rights to question the sort of support we give them.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is not a theological sacred cow for me, nor does "our greatest ally in the Middle East" mean anything to me. In general, I can support the idea of aid to a given country depending on the circumstances. I am neither specifically for nor specifically against giving aid to Israel, but for me to support it I would need to be given cold hard facts about why they need it and why it is in our actual national interest to do so (something beyond "muh God's chosen people").

Upvote 0