Customer shoots and kills cashier in Georgia grocery store dispute over mask wearing

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In my state some stores, not all, have relaxed their mask rules. For example Safeway allows, and perhaps even encourages their employees that have been fully vaccinated to go without masks. This is a form of leadership by example. Customers are on the honor system and have the ability to go without a mask if fully vaccinated. I usually go without now. But sometimes I forget and still wear mine. I have been in other stores where masks are still required. I have no problem with that either.

I do not know if Georgia has lowered their standards, but if they have it is likely similar to here. The store required facemasks. It is no different than a "No shoes. No shirt. No service." policy except that this one could save lives.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟228,160.00
Faith
Christian
Notice how the violence seems to come mostly from one side. The people shooting store security and employees, assaulting staff, attacking cabin crew, etc. all seem to come from the anti-mask brigade.
I haven't seen many stories of people being shot over not wearing a mask.....

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well they kill each other over shoes, so a mask falls right in line with the type of people who do not value life.

Yup. Nothing at all to do about people who scream "Tyranny" over mask requirements.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Notice how the violence seems to come mostly from one side. The people shooting store security and employees, assaulting staff, attacking cabin crew, etc. all seem to come from the anti-mask brigade.
I haven't seen many stories of people being shot over not wearing a mask.....
Well not all Republicans act this way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well they kill each other over shoes, so a mask falls right in line with the type of people who do not value life.

And that would be the people who refuse to wear masks.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I do not wear a mask, and never once thought about killing a person.

I always drive well over the speed limit and ignore stop signs, and never once thought about killing a person. See, I'm allowed to be reckless and show a callous disregard for human life if I don't think about those lives. Apparently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I always drive well over the speed limit and ignore stop signs, and never once thought about killing a person. See, I'm aloud to be reckless and show a callous disregard for human life if I don't think about those lives. Apparently.

sure you do.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The irony that this particular incident was over the wearing (or non-wearing) of a face mask during the waning months of a pandemic, lost on you?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The irony that this particular incident was over the wearing (or non-wearing) of a face mask during the waning months of a pandemic, lost on you?

I guess it makes it ok, when some one is murdered over say a drug deal or the robbing of a liquor store or just some one killing another person because they disrespected the murderer. But lets get all high and mighty when comes to the untouchable mask.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where I live the doors now have signs saying that masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals. And since there's no requirement to show a vaccination card, that pretty much adds up to mask wearing is now optional.

I still put on a mask anyways in certain places, just in case there's someone who would get upset if I didn't. I have a feeling there's some people who are so militant about it, they're not going to care that I've been fully vaccinated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I always drive well over the speed limit and ignore stop signs, and never once thought about killing a person. See, I'm allowed to be reckless and show a callous disregard for human life if I don't think about those lives. Apparently.

I'll bet you even drive on the wrong side of the road.:D

• Haha
Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0