Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Am I to assume by your overwhelming response that you either love him or hate him and want to leave it at that? :)
Umm...when I went to his homepage the material seemed a little bit too esoteric for my tastes so I simply left the thread alone.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Am I to assume by your overwhelming response that you either love him or hate him and want to leave it at that? :)

I accessed the link and bookmarked it for later viewing. Since the videos were over an hour each , it was a bit of a project to listen to them and that is why I didn't respond.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You mean a little too much like Jesus?
Did you know that the video series was done at Doncaster Church?
That's interesting, I guess that you are referring to Doncaster in Melbourne? Are you able to mention which church it was?

I agree with Yitzchak in that even before I went to his homepage the size of the files was a bit off-putting, which meant that I probably wouldn't have gone through them.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
That's interesting, I guess that you are referring to Doncaster in Melbourne? Are you able to mention which church it was?

I agree with Yitzchak in that even before I went to his homepage the size of the files was a bit off-putting, which meant that I probably wouldn't have gone through them.
Doncaster City Church

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A must listen to series on Divine healing
here

I would strongly advise caution and research before you recommend this man's ministry.

I first learned of him in the mid 90's and met him at one of his meetings, he actually offered me a state directors position.

Be cautious and wise my friends -

That is all I will say - so don't ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I would strongly advise caution and research before you recommend this man's ministry.

I first learned of him in the mid 90's and met him at one of his meetings, he actually offered me a state directors position.

Be cautious and wise my friends -

That is all I will say - so don't ask.
If you are referring to his martial arts background he freely admits to the wrongness of that and has repented of it. Actually I would be cautious about unfounded hearsay before discounting another's work for the Lord

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are referring to his martial arts background he freely admits to the wrongness of that and has repented of it. Actually I would be cautious about unfounded hearsay before discounting another's work for the Lord

I'm not referring to his background. And neither am I working with hearsay. Just use wisdom my brother.

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Went to his training sessions in Melbourne a few years ago, not impressed.
After He prayed for me ,( I had back pain), I still had back pain and a pain in my side.
I came home and the Holy spirit showed me something, I repented of his teaching and claimed back my authority and the pain in my side left, I still have the back pain.
He told my pastor he lives on macdonalds and coke and is always healthy, does not sound right to me.
He claimed 100% healed , 70% of them report to him the others dont.
We saw no healings over 2 days and when he came to Adelaide the year after those who went saw the same.
Not saying he is not getting results , but we saw no fruit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am not usually one for documentation because I think that a ministry stands or falls on how it matches the bible and what the Holy Spirit sanctions. Sometimes , it is much later that a ministry is vindicated. Just look at Noah and his lack of results , yet his message was right.

But in the case of a healing ministry that places it's focus upon healing in the here and now and makes claims of huge numbers of people healed , then there should be some evidence of that. Meaning there should be thousands of people who have been healed that can testify to that fact.

For example , I have personally met several dozen people over the last thirty years who testify that they were healed through Benny Hinn's ministry. This tends to make people loyal to Hinn's ministry. It is no surprise to me that most of his critics admit that they have never received anything from him.

I would assume that Blake must have some sort of following. Those who are loyal to him because they have received from God through his ministry.

So if I am going to look at anecdotal evidence meaning personal testimony , then it would make sense to look at enough of it to get the full picture.No offense to the post in this thread which cites a bad experience with him , but that does not carry a lot of weight in the big picture. Any public figure has their critics , whether in the ministry or in politics or business. Even sports celebrties and movie stars have their national enquirer stories run about them. Some is true , some is false and some is just someone's opinion.

So my basic question is this. On what basis can we evaluate this man's ministry ? The fact that he has some critics means very little. The fact that he has a following is also a limited criteria. Even Adolf Hitler had and still has a following. Anyone who stands up as a strong leader preaching certain ideas is goind to have both a following and critics. We have seen on here the arguments about healing. So no surprise that Blake will generate strong feelings about what he preaches on both sides of the issue.

I think it matters if what he preaches conforms to sound biblical doctrine. I think it matters if the Holy Spirit within me bears witness to what he is preaching. And in this case , I do think it matters if there are results. By that I don't mean a shallow jump to conclusions analysis of the results. But a proven track record over time matters. Not just of him , but more so of his teachings. Do his teachings bring the promised results ?

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His teaching is all based on scripture , but is his interpretation correct?
The way he explained healing from what I remember was you are like a vessel filling with bad energy, when you fill up you are dead.
When he prayed and held your hands his good energy was transferred in pushing out the bad. Not sure if that is biblical.

This was just my experience and I accept I could be wrong , it is just my opinion anyway.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His teaching is all based on scripture , but is his interpretation correct?
The way he explained healing from what I remember was you are like a vessel filling with bad energy, when you fill up you are dead.
When he prayed and held your hands his good energy was transferred in pushing out the bad. Not sure if that is biblical.

This was just my experience and I accept I could be wrong , it is just my opinion anyway.
If your understanding is correct regarding Blake's teachings, then he sounds more like a new age guru to me.

Upvote 0