Gladstone
✟8,794.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately both sides of the fence use extended audio format, so time will be required.

James White Setting the Record Straight: Dr. Michael Brown Our Special Guest | Alpha and Omega Ministries

J.D. Hall's dissection of Dr. White's and Dr. Brown's discussion. Podcast: Real-Time Responses to the Elephant Rooming of Michael Brown

He is assumed to be still behind a lot of articles from Pulpit and Pen's blog.

A more impartial source, discernment radio show - Lutheran Pastor Chris Rosebrough (Fighting the Faith) and Baptist Pastor Phil Johnson (Grace to You). Conversation with Phil Johnson RE: Michael Brown & His NAR "Truth"

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I assume Calvinists are familiar with both Alpha and Omega Ministries and Pulpit & Pen.

What is your opinion of both websites?
What do you think of Dr. James White's defence of the Charismatic Dr Michael Brown?

I am only familiar with Dr. White. I am not a regular listener by any means, but have spent a little time listening to him, and own a handful of his books, have read bits and pieces from them. I have no opinion of Pulpit & Pen, have never heard of the site, same goes for Dr. Brown, have never heard of the man. Maybe you could elaborate a little on Pulpit & Pen and Dr. Brown and the dispute? Summary or something would be helpful.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Controversy and disputes aired publicly are never a good thing. One side almost always takes the extreme view of the others statements. It is rare that either side actually grasps what the other is actually saying.

Still when it comes to outright heresy a public refutation is needed in order to warn others. But a simple difference of opinions should never become a point of controversy. It is never good for the body of Christ and usually causes nothing but division among brothers.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Dr. White's podcast has become a long, meandering collection of personal triumphs, cycling stories, and victim playing.

Pulpit & Pen has always had a Fundamentalist edge that drove me away after a few months of listening.

I avoid both.

I don't even consider myself a convinced Baptist any longer.

Good luck sorting it out.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: AMR
Upvote 0