United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, you’ve decided to eat a cicada.

Maybe you want extra protein or a talking point to help you avoid awkward silences at your next post-pandemic social gathering. Maybe you lost a bet. Maybe you’ve long considered cicadas a delightful snack, and you wish Americans would hurry up and get with the program.

Whatever the case, congratulations. Many lesser folk have gagged at the thought of introducing their taste buds to one of the Brood X beasts shriekingtheir way through more than a dozen states this spring.

But before you continue on your path to gastronomic enlightenment, here are some things you should know.

1. DON’T EAT CICADAS IF YOU’RE ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH.

Continued below.
Curious About Eating Cicadas? Here Are 5 Things You Should Know

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,233,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So, you’ve decided to eat a cicada.

Maybe you want extra protein or a talking point to help you avoid awkward silences at your next post-pandemic social gathering. Maybe you lost a bet. Maybe you’ve long considered cicadas a delightful snack, and you wish Americans would hurry up and get with the program.

Whatever the case, congratulations. Many lesser folk have gagged at the thought of introducing their taste buds to one of the Brood X beasts shriekingtheir way through more than a dozen states this spring.

But before you continue on your path to gastronomic enlightenment, here are some things you should know.

1. DON’T EAT CICADAS IF YOU’RE ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH.

Continued below.
Curious About Eating Cicadas? Here Are 5 Things You Should Know
Not sure I have the guts to try it, although I do like shrimp, crab, and lobster.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,649,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure I have the guts to try it, although I do like shrimp, crab, and lobster.
Well that’s the thing, they don’t taste like shellfish. I think I’ll pass! Lol

Upvote 0