Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh...I couldn't make this up if I tried...

To end fatphobia, we need to dismantle Western civilization, says Philly therapist Sonalee Rashatwar

Rashatwar traces contemporary fatphobia to colonial brutality and how enslaved people were treated. Citing researcher-advocate Caleb Luna, Rashatwar said curing anti-fatness would mean dismantling society’s foundation: “I love to talk about undoing Western civilization because it’s just so romantic to me.”

“It’s also really gratifying. So when I post really, really political and radical content where I’m talking about like being anti-cop, anti-U.S. government, anti-military folks are like, ‘Whoa, I’ve never heard these ideas before.’ ”

So...besides just saying that this woman is dumb...what are your thoughts? How does someone end up thinking "all we need to do to solve my problem is to destroy society as we know it"? How does someone end up thinking that's a legitimate response to a personal problem?

Any takers?

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
She doesn't see being fat as a problem she sees society as the problem. So if she dismantles society; problem solved. Simple! And she can keep eating whatever she likes! It's the perfect solution.

It's a very bizarre yet sort of pervasive idea amongst a certain group of people....

It's like they imagine that wayyyy back when, there was a skinny white hetero guy who just "set up" society the way he wanted.

It sort of begs the question of "if you dismantled western civilization....where would you prefer to go?"

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd say at least she looks happy, but that would be an unwelcome stereotype. The scary thing is she is a therapist and "she counsels people against intentional weight loss." I guess health issues are not her thing or maybe that is more propaganda from that SWH guy.
Don't worry it won't be long before someone sets us straight (no pun intended) and explains why she is correct.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just don't know how she doesn't realize that destroying a whole civilization is a bit much to deal with a social issue. Plus, if Western civilization is destroyed, that might mean a lot less processed foods, so therefore, there would be a lot less fat people if all junk food was destroyed or removed from the West somehow. So eventually obesity would be mostly eradicated, too.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cure for "Fatphobia" is Dismantling Western Civilization
GLWT!
(Shouldn't that be "lipophobia?")
The scary thing is she is a therapist and "she counsels people against intentional weight loss."
Those with bulimia & anorexia need to find that "sweet spot" (npi). That is probably where she is coming from.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does someone end up thinking that's a legitimate response to a personal problem?
Seems to be the every response...other than she could have everyone who disagrees with her a racist and fascist.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What they aren’t telling you are the challenges many are facing in the dating world. This subject comes up frequently on dating sites and oftentimes there’s a lot of frustration and pain.

Body positivity may be popular but it hasn’t trickled down to the opposite sex. Physical appearance still matters to most.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sort of begs the question of "if you dismantled western civilization....where would you prefer to go?"
Back to where we all came from? That would mean starving to death for my heritage.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Physical appearance still matters to most.
But that is supposed to be a subjective process. Would you really want to marry someone who isn't into you just to advance a dubious social engineering agenda?

(For my wife, I had to be able to look at her, without wincing...
full
)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,851.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So...besides just saying that this woman is dumb...what are your thoughts? How does someone end up thinking "all we need to do to solve my problem is to destroy society as we know it"? How does someone end up thinking that's a legitimate response to a personal problem?

Any takers?

If she isn't engaging in hyperbole.

It probably means she hasn't accurately identified her largest personal problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But that is supposed to be a subjective process. Would you really want to marry someone who isn't into you just to advance a dubious social engineering agenda?

Careful, you’re making sense! ;-)

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Don't think that is radical enough. To truly do away with fatphobia, humanity must be eradicated completely.

If there are no more humans, there are no more people hating on fat people. Easy solution.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does someone end up thinking "all we need to do to solve my problem is to destroy society as we know it"? How does someone end up thinking that's a legitimate response to a personal problem?

Well, (a) by lacking imagination, and (b) by being uneducated, and (c) by listening to some extremely dangerous public figures.

"Totally destroying society as we know it" has been done in the past, and it's been done in some places in Africa and Asia within the last few decades (think of Somalia and of the Khmer Rouge). It really isn't pretty.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seems to be the every response...other than she could have everyone who disagrees with her a racist and fascist.

Yeah I saw the part where she threw shade at personal trainers for being "nazis".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't think that is radical enough. To truly do away with fatphobia, humanity must be eradicated completely.

If there are no more humans, there are no more people hating on fat people. Easy solution.

Hahaha....ahhhh...

The sad but true solution to all bigotry and bias.

It's just astounding to me....because we can look at her options outside of "western civilization" and imagine how she would do in many of them as an obese female non-binary sex therapist.

In many of them, it would be a problem for her to work at all....let alone as a sex therapist. Many reduce her rights and value as a person to far less than a man. Many would persecute or openly oppress her for being "non-binary".

In truth...western civilization affords more opportunities to reach her potential, to seek her desires, than any other options. There's a complete lack of understanding/awareness here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What they aren’t telling you are the challenges many are facing in the dating world. This subject comes up frequently on dating sites and oftentimes there’s a lot of frustration and pain.

Body positivity may be popular but it hasn’t trickled down to the opposite sex. Physical appearance still matters to most.

I don't think anyone should be made fun of for their size....that's acceptance.

She seems to be pushing for something more than that though.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd say at least she looks happy, but that would be an unwelcome stereotype. The scary thing is she is a therapist and "she counsels people against intentional weight loss." I guess health issues are not her thing or maybe that is more propaganda from that SWH guy.
Don't worry it won't be long before someone sets us straight (no pun intended) and explains why she is correct.

Alternative headline....

"Person Who Thinks Differently Wants Everyone to Agree With Her"

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0