• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Crying in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I lost my best friend of 15 years in a fatal car accident six months ago. I am still grieving daily, but it's the worst when I'm driving. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with sadness I just break down and cry while I am driving. Is it possible that it affects me so much in the car because that is the way she died?

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is very possible. I couldn't imagine losing that kind of friend. When I was 24 there was only one that I had known for so long. I don't even want to think about losing him.
Six months isn't close to enough time to heal from what you have been hit with.
Talk about it. Get it out. Over and over if you have to.
Damage.
*hug*

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus-is-the-1 said:
I lost my best friend of 15 years in a fatal car accident six months ago. I am still grieving daily, but it's the worst when I'm driving. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with sadness I just break down and cry while I am driving. Is it possible that it affects me so much in the car because that is the way she died?
Have you ever sat down and talked to anyone about this? Sometimes it helps when dealing with something like this to go to someone close and just let it all out weather you just talk or you cry. I would also consider grief counceling, it doesn't make you a weak person to seek help, it means you are strong enough to realize you need the help and support. BTW, it's ok to cry.

Godbless you,

Bill

Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pain doesnt really ever stop, but it will get to the point where you can deal with it without tears. It was a year ago that the same thing happened to me (it was a close friend and not my best friend though). Let your grief run its course, its much better to let your emotions out then stifle them. I think it is very possible that being in the car triggers your emotional response. It is very tough and I am sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

Upvote 0

Nikolas222

Jan 11, 2004
✟16,027.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
My close cousin died on April 23 last year :cry: . First time I ever truely experienced death. I think the first time is always the worst, but well see.

What I didnt like most is how everyone used the words WAS and WOULD. Anything present tense. Kinda sad how religion falls right out the window when we experience something bad. I stayed faithful :holy:

Ive learned you just get worse if you talk about it freely. I was fine but I went to go talk to the priest and I broke down like a rusty car. I talked to my cousin Ilyse like every other day about stuff like that and its ok.

Your life is changed forever. But when i realized and analyzed my true faith, I was less sad. I also spoke at the funeral and it brought some peace (I said a prayer).

I could actuelly make a few mean jokes to my cousin when we had a sleepover with she and her friend. I gave her these weird ideas like he was in the attic and she got scared. Not the best thing to do, but it shows that you dont worry about it, which is good.

BTW, did you have dreams? I did. Mine stopped after a while. Its a sign I dont understand :confused: . When I was at my most faithful time, they werent bad; my less faithful time they were sad and scary. They were somewhat comical.

Hope I helped.
God bless,

Nick

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.