• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Crumpled Clothes on Sidewalk after Rapture?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Dale, May 7, 2019.

1. Christian Gedge

Christian Gedge Active Member

+255
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Its not entirely new. In olden days some houses were built with windows in the ceiling. Yep, so that they wouldn't bang their heads going up.

2. Christian Gedge

Christian Gedge Active Member

+255
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I think the taking up of the two witnesses is the rapture! Without a picture of the resurrection/catching away the book of Revelation is not a complete eschatological vision. Revelation 11 even describes the 'last trumpet.'

It means we have to throw out some our favorite theories about the witnesses - we have to interpret them symbolically as the church.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ewq1938

ewq1938 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,102
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's a rapture but not "the" rapture Paul wrote about which happens at the last of the 7 trumpets, which is not long after the two prophets rise into heaven. The living saints that are raptured go only to the clouds of the Earth not heaven like the two prophets.

4. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,176
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Oh my ^_^

Isa 22:1
    Here is a message about the Valley of Vision:
    What is the reason that all of you go up to the rooftops?
    Eze 33:27
    “Say thus to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD:
    As I live, surely those who are in the ruins shall fall by the sword,
    and the one who is in the open field I will give to the beasts to be devoured,
    and those who are in the strongholds and caves shall die of the pestilence.
    =========================================
    Jesus gave these instructions for the 1st century pre70ad Jewish Christian Apostles in Judea:

"WHERE THE BODY is, there the EAGLES be gathered" Matt 24 Luke 17-- and Revelation

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized

Mat 24:
    17 “Let him who is on the housetop<1430> not descend to take away<142> anything out of his house.
    40 “Then two shall be in the field: one be taken<3880> and one being left.

Luk 17:
    31 “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away.
    And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
    35 Two shall be grinding at mill. The one shall be taken<3880> and the other shall be left.
    ===========================
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. Ronald

Ronald Exhortations Supporter

+841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    One could interpret them that way. It the Second Coming is described as Jesus return in Judgement AND the yime of our Ressurection as well.

6. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,176
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I believe you may be right C G.
    Might even be the 1st century Jewish Christian Saints after the tribulation but before the wrath of 70AD Jerusalem?

Lazarus and 2 witnesses of Reve 11 similarity
    Acts 1 and Revelation 11 Ascending in cloud

Ezekiel 37:10 And I prophecy as He instructed and the spirit/breath is coming in them and they are living and are standing on their feet, an army/host, great, exceedingly-exceedingly. 11 And He is saying to me "Son of Adam, the bones, these are whole house of Yisra'el they behold! ones saying ' bones of us dry, our hope perishes, we are severed to ourselves'. [Luke 2:34/ Revelation 11:11]
    Acts 1:8
    But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Revelation 11:11 And after the three days and half days, a breath of life out of the God entered in them and they stand upon their feet and fear great fall upon the ones observing them.
    12 And they hear a Voice great out of the Heaven saying to them "ascend ye here!"
    And they ascended into the heaven in the cloud....
    ========================
    Matthew 19:28
    And Jesus said to them, 'Verily I say to you, that ye who did follow me, in the regeneration, when the Son of Man may sit upon a throne of his glory, shall sit -- ye also -- upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel;

Luke 22:30
    that ye may eat and may drink at My table, in My kingdom, and may sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.'

Revelation 20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;