Nov 30, 2003
Adelaide
Visit site
✟129.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm posting here for advice as both my family and even my pastor know me too well to give any unbiased advice. At least that's why my Mum wouldn't give me any guidance on these matters. I'm afraid I will have to provide a little bit of background first before I explain the problem.

I'm a 31 year old, single guy who has been back living with his parents for at least 5 years and I feel a little lost. Ever since 1999 I've been battling illness that has resulted in my losing two jobs (I was losing the job I had when I first fell ill except the company closed down before this could occur) - this includes genetic defects in my kidneys, heart and blood (haemochromatosis - body absorbs too much iron and damages organs - in my case my liver). The first resulted in operations when I was 9 and 10 years old which seem to have mostly done the trick. The second two were discovered 3-4 years ago and through treatment my iron levels were brought to almost normal levels, although I seem to suffer from chronic tiredness a lot. However since I am unable to hold a normal job (even part-time - the last job I lost was a part-time job) and the fact that my illnesses cannot be classed as "permanent", this has made my financial situation rather grim too. Anyway, this is not what I need advice on.

For most of my adult life (actually since my teens) I've been buried in computers. All of my jobs have been in the I.T. industry. Its the only area I have bucket-loads of experience - I'm largely self taught although I have had minor lobotomisations carried out on my person by various friends in the I.T. industry. I have no formal qualifications although according to two I.Q. tests my intellect is classed as being above average (not that I believe in their value). I never successfully completed high school due for reasons I won't go into right now. I've never been to university. Now the problem started during the second to last job I was involved in as I started to have very fuzzy, vague thoughts that I really didn't want to fix, install, configure etc. computers anymore. Gradually this thought has turned into a strong conviction for no reason that I can see. Then oneday at Church, one of the older men who is heavily involved in outreach came up to me afterwards and said something along these lines (wish I had a tape recorder handy - BTW this is someone I hardly ever talk to and he really doesn't know what I've been going through other than the illness): "I'm not sure this will mean anything to you, but I believe God wanted me to say to you that He is going to move you out of computers and into something you are better suited for." Ever since then I've been (for obvious reasons this has been in vain) trying to work out what I should be doing. Finances are low (although I pray about that, and Jesus does answer - it's funny how God will answer even the smallest of needs), I feel that my faith is at the lowest point it has ever been, illness has practically destroyed what was left of my life (although I have had a word from God that it won't be a short battle - He's teaching (trying to at least, I'm stubborn I'm afraid) me through the adversity I am facing), both my parents are VERY close to retirement age and really can't support me (not that I want them to anyway), I've looked at various courses at both a secular college and a Christian one but nothing leaps out at me (mind you they all seem to require prerequisites that I dont have). The only abilities outside computers that I seem to have is minor ability with poetry and some art/design ability. So I really don't know what I should do, which direction to go or even if I'm praying for the right kinds of things. Sorry about the vagueness but it is late, I'm (always) tired and I'm not 100% sure really what I'm asking. Maybe I just need to know what to pray to God for in regards to the cross road I'm facing and the pit I seem to have fallen into.

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello there my brother,

I am truly sorry that you have to face such things like this in life. This is the life that we all face because we live in this world.

My friend, it does not matter whether you will take my advice on this; but I believe that in some cases of physical health problems relate to the work of demons. Now I do not really know how your spiritual life has been. I can only say this that demons love to attack Christians more than nonbelievers. The reason is that Satan already have the nonbelievers on his side. He wants to torment the believers so that they may fall from their faith.

I want you to pray to God and analyze if there are demonic work in you. Some simple signs that you may struggle with demonic influence is the resistence to pray, read your Bible daily, and the dislike of anything relating to God. If this is so, it does not mean that you are bad. There are demonic influences in you. If so, you should get counselled. I mean get delivered of demons.

Now that can only be one of the possibility. Not all sicknesses are caused by demons. Try to find out what the doctors have to say about it. Nowadays, the science of medicine is well far in its sophiscification.

Trust in the Lord. Rely on Him in all you do.

Upvote 0