God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is an exercise to help break down blind tribalism.

I'll start: Joe Biden is a creep. There are multiple accusations of sexual harassment against him, historically he has been in favor of some questionable policies and against some good ones.

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Jeremy @#£&£# Corbyn!

+1 for me, I'm traditionally a labour voter but he's making it so difficult - completely inflexible, seemingly unconcerned with current political threats and his leadership around the referendum was atrocious. Then again I live in Ian Duncan Smith's constituency and I want him out so labour it is for now :|

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
+1 for me, I'm traditionally a labour voter but he's making it so difficult - completely inflexible, seemingly unconcerned with current political threats and his leadership around the referendum was atrocious. Then again I live in Ian Duncan Smith's constituency and I want him out so labour it is for now :|
Yep, he is so manifestly incompetent, inflexible, has failed to deal with the anti-Zionism/semitism scandal. It is embarrassing, and then I look over at the tories:eek:

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
This is an exercise to help break down blind tribalism.

I'll start: Joe Biden is a creep. There are multiple accusations of sexual harassment against him, historically he has been in favor of some questionable policies and against some good ones.

<chuckle> Haven't we been instructed that being a creep and sexual harasser is no longer a reason to dislike a presidential candidate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
<chuckle> Haven't we been instructed that being a creep and sexual harasser is no longer a reason to dislike a presidential candidate?
It is for me. But Trump did set the new standard to a lower level.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Joe Biden is an old man who is wholly unsuited for the modern era. He seems to think that if he just sits down to tea and polite conversation with people who put children in concentration camps, and vowed to make Obama a one term president, that everyone will be friends and get along.

In short, he thinks that he can compromise and reason with fundamentally unreasonable, bad-faith people. Plus, as OP said, he's a creep who puts his doughy old man hands all over women (some of them young).

The last thing we need in an era of creeping fascism is a milquetoast, bothsides corporatist Dem that gives McConnell everything he wants, like Biden.
Ringo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ms. Ocasio-Cortez needs to stay off of the Twitter Machine.

Nah, I disagree. I think AOC is at her most effective when some brain-damaged creature from the Twit lagoon steps up to try to catch her in a "lie" and she completely embarrasses them.

(Sorry for the double post)
Ringo

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sanders' and Warren's call for dismantling private health insurance in favor of single payer government insurance may (I say may) be a laudable goal, but it's not what the public wants, and it is a non-starter in the Senate. No matter who gets elected, that won't happen. Having a public option is popular with the people and is a significant enough step. No need to go to crazy town.

Speaking of crazy town, cancelling student debt with a magic wand (Warren, Sanders, Messam (who?)) does not resonate with me at all. Making education more affordable, refinancing options, certainly.

Biden and Sanders are too old/out of touch with the times. [I don't think Biden is a creep; I think he's genuinely warm and touchy-feely and means no harm, but his inability to adjust is one more symptom of his out-of-touchness. (I guess Biden should touch the times more, and women less.)]

Tulsi Gabbard is a nut.

Marianne Williamson is a bigger nut.

AOC's youthful enthusiasm grates a little, but I think she'll mature just fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Joe Biden is an old man who is wholly unsuited for the modern era. He seems to think that if he just sits down to tea and polite conversation with people who put children in concentration camps, and vowed to make Obama a one term president, that everyone will be friends and get along.

In short, he thinks that he can compromise and reason with fundamentally unreasonable, bad-faith people. Plus, as OP said, he's a creep who puts his doughy old man hands all over women (some of them young).

The last thing we need in an era of creeping fascism is a milquetoast, bothsides corporatist Dem like Biden.
Ringo

I sense you may be holding back a bit about Biden. It is okay to tell us what you really think about him. LOL.

I'm still up in the air about who to support for the nominee. I'm not only willing to vote for a woman for president but eager for a woman to win so we can get that hurdle out of the way. But I would hate to have rampant sexism end up putting Trump back in office.

There is plenty of time yet for this to all shake out. And there is lots of time for the world to come crashing down around Trump in a way that even his fanboys wouldn't vote for him.

For me, the single most important thing is to get dignity and sanity back into the White House. If that means backing Biden, I will do it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish the President would spend more time discussing his many accomplishments instead of addressing every stinking piece of rubbish reporting that comes out on him.

I think he would be even more effective if he would just shut up on certain topics and take less joy in causing his detractors to go into full body heaves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think he would be even more effective if he would just shut up on certain topics and take less joy in causing his detractors to go into full body heaves.

Good point. If only he were more confident about his many, many successes in life.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I sense you may be holding back a bit about Biden. It is okay to tell us what you really think about him. LOL.

I'm still up in the air about who to support for the nominee. I'm not only willing to vote for a woman for president but eager for a woman to win so we can get that hurdle out of the way. But I would hate to have rampant sexism end up putting Trump back in office.

There is plenty of time yet for this to all shake out. And there is lots of time for the world to come crashing down around Trump in a way that even his fanboys wouldn't vote for him.

For me, the single most important thing is to get dignity and sanity back into the White House. If that means backing Biden, I will do it.

I find Biden pretty obnoxious because he's exactly the milquetoast, hand-wringing corporatist that we don't need. I liked him as Obama's VP but I don't want him for our next president, even if I agree that we should bring back dignity and sanity to the White House.
Ringo

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Speaking of crazy town, cancelling student debt with a magic wand (Warren, Sanders, Messam (who?)) does not resonate with me at all.

It's about as crazy as propping up the banks that cratered the economy in 2007 and giving THEM tons and tons of money so they could pay out big bonuses to their executives!

Biden and Sanders are too old/out of touch with the times.

I agree that they are too old. I hate being "ageist" but honestly I think we need a new rule in the Constitution: you need to have spent at least 1/3 of your life using a mouse to be able to be president.

I think Bernie deserves mad props for being on a consistent side for a long time and I like that progressivism. But there are probably better folks to carry that torch.

[I don't think Biden is a creep; I think he's genuinely warm and touchy-feely and means no harm, but his inability to adjust is one more symptom of his out-of-touchness. (I guess Biden should touch the times more, and women less.)]

I disliked Biden since the late 80's when he was nailed for plagiarism. Sure he seems like an earnest guy, but he's got some crap to account for. Besides, we do NOT need another septugenarian running a complex organization like the US.

AOC's youthful enthusiasm grates a little, but I think she'll mature just fine.

Agreed.

Upvote 0