JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please post a citation that shows that Critical Race Theory teaches that blacks are the superior race, that facts are “no longer relevant,” and a citation showing that Nazis sought equity with Jews.

You’re posting absolute lies and it’s disgusting.
It's not lies whatsoever.

If by being white means by default that white people are inherently racist and that equity should be applied...
Then because a person is white their possessions they have, due to working for them, should be confiscated and given to someone who is black. (That is the function of equity which is part of CRT) Ergo the black person is more deserving of someone else's hard earned property.
The Germans did exactly the same thing to the Jews. (Much of the Banking in Germany and Austria was done by "pawnshops" and lots of the Jews owned the majority of the pawnshops)
The Germans thought that they should confiscate Jewish property and give it to the Germans in community projects (actually funding war efforts) I know the story of one German Jew who worked with German steel to make straight razors to ship to America... when his shop was confiscated they turned it into a reeducation center and then an umbrella factory. His brothers in America gave the US Government a really good deal on American made knives and bayonets.

And between equity, inherent prejudice, and lack of actual logic and reason...it is precisely the same attitude of Germans vx Jews. Except this time it's Blacks vx Whites. (Regardless of whatever racial background the individuals come from)

Now if....
And if these advocacy groups were more about classism than race...I could see some merit (not a lot)
But because their advocacy is centered solely on race it's absolutely ridiculous. Even Joe last night stated that the Suburbs are very ethnically diverse. I've lived there...they very much are ethnically diverse everywhere in America.
So racism cannot be real but only imagined.
Classism is real. And there's the real thing that should be addressed.
But equity should not be applied.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Dryskale

Itchy, itchy
Nov 1, 2012
✟25,302.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If by being white means by default that white people are inherently racist and that equity should be applied...
This is where we need citations. You are taking 3 things, whiteness, equity, and rascism and making an inference using these 3 concepts. We need to see context where you found an opinion or theory based around these 3 concepts.
Then because a person is white their possessions they have, due to working for them, should be confiscated and given to someone who is black. (That is the function of equity which is part of CRT) Ergo the black person is more deserving of someone else's hard earned property.
Then please cote a person who actually made that argument please.
The Germans did exactly the same thing to the Jews. (Much of the Banking in Germany and Austria was done by "pawnshops" and lots of the Jews owned the majority of the pawnshops)
The Germans thought that they should confiscate Jewish property and give it to the Germans in community projects (actually funding war efforts) I know the story of one German Jew who worked with German steel to make straight razors to ship to America... when his shop was confiscated they turned it into a reeducation center and then an umbrella factory. His brothers in America gave the US Government a really good deal on American made knives and bayonets.

And between equity, inherent prejudice, and lack of actual logic and reason...it is precisely the same attitude of Germans vx Jews. Except this time it's Blacks vx Whites. (Regardless of whatever racial background the individuals come from)
Ok, from what I can parce here, it seems that you are projecting concept onto CRT that isn't there. CRT is critical of the concepts if race and looks to understand what society has to say about it. It is not say8ng any specific race is superior. CRT focuses heavily on how most of our concepts of race are cultural and arbitrary. A lot of CRT accedemics have spent a sizeable amount of effort deconstructing the concepts of whote and black to see the origins and what it means to be either.

Now if....
And if these advocacy groups were more about classism than race...I could see some merit (not a lot)
But because their advocacy is centered solely on race it's absolutely ridiculous. Even Joe last night stated that the Suburbs are very ethnically diverse. I've lived there...they very much are ethnically diverse everywhere in America.
CRT is a subset of critical theory, which is about class.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And your assertions of "ridiculous" needs support in a material fashion. Especially since we had a black Presidency.
No, you're the one who initially made a claim here - that the laws and court rulings you listed eliminated the racial element of class disparity in the US. You provided no evidence for your assertion. But if you really want to go there, we can start with this:
Here’s What The Racial Wealth Gap In America Looks Like Today

And what does having had a Black president have to do with anything?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From Wikipedia:
Critics of CRT, including Richard Posner and Alex Kozinski, take issue with its foundations in postmodernism and reliance on moral relativism, social constructionism, and other tenets contrary to classical liberalism.

Now that is beginning to make some sense as to why Trump would claim something.

Here's more:
Judge Richard Posner of the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals has "label[ed] critical race theorists and postmodernists the 'lunatic core' of 'radical legal egalitarianism.'"[37] He wrote:[37]

What is most arresting about critical race theory is that…it turns its back on the Western tradition of rational inquiry, forswearing analysis for narrative. Rather than marshal logical arguments and empirical data, critical race theorists tell stories – fictional, science-fictional, quasi-fictional, autobiographical, anecdotal – designed to expose the pervasive and debilitating racism of America today. By repudiating reasoned argumentation, the storytellers reinforce stereotypes about the intellectual capacities of nonwhites.

So...that's more explanation than what has been given to date.

Jeffrey J. Pyle wrote in the Boston College Law Review:[40]

Critical race theorists attack the very foundations of the [classical] liberal legal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism and neutral principles of constitutional law. These liberal values, they allege, have no enduring basis in principle, but are mere social constructs calculated to legitimate white supremacy. The rule of law, according to critical race theorists, is a false promise of principled government, and they have lost patience with false promises

That's pretty bad...
All this is reminisce of the Nazis attitude towards the Jews. That kind of hate speech is illegal in most countries around the world.

I've witnessed real racism...
And where a claim can be made for classism or that a caste based society is evolving in America it most certainly is not based upon racial lines. And I've witnessed plenty of people who have elevated themselves out of their caste in remarkable ways to remarkable ends.
its pretty bad....but now the question becomes "is any of this true?"

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Now if....
can you cite any of these claims from actual CRT sources?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Now if....
So no citations, just you’re own personal theory of what you think other people believe.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So no citations, just you’re own personal theory of what you think other people believe.
I did cite...
You have deliberately ignored them.

When a Federal 7th Circuit Judge makes a ruling on something...I'm going to have to go with it... especially when the person I'm speaking to doesn't have a law degree.

Also backed up by a Law professor from Boston.

Derrick Bell is the person who is stating the case for CRT.
Maybe you should holler at him... except that he is dead. (The link on his name works... you should be able to find his book that is the source for CRT and the Judges decision)

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I did cite...

When a Federal 7th Circuit Judge makes a ruling on something...I'm going to have to go with it... especially when the person I'm speaking to doesn't have a law degree.

Also backed up by a Law professor from Boston.

Derrick Bell is the person who is stating the case for CRT.
Maybe you should holler at him... except that he is dead. (The link on his name works... you should be able to find his book that is the source for CRT and the Judges decision)
Is the United States a racist country?

If you don’t/can’t agree with that, then, yes, CRT is “all bs” and maybe dangerous bs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did cite...
You have deliberately ignored them

I can’t find any citations in your posts, if I missed one let me know. A citation as in an actual critical race theorist saying the things you are accusing them of saying or believing.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can’t find any citations in your posts, if I missed one let me know. A citation as in an actual critical race theorist saying the things you are accusing them of saying or believing.

He copypastad from the wikipedia page for CRT.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He copypastad from the wikipedia page for CRT.
Yeah I think that’s how he went from asking us what CRT is 6 hours ago to understanding it better than all of us now.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did cite...

check your references. Posner was writing an Op Ed piece for the New Republic not making a ruling

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no way not to be guilty.

Sort of like Original Sin? A person is born guilty from the womb? That's what most of Protestant theology preaches.

Pot... kettle... black, I say.

When facts, merit, logic, and reason are thrown away in favor of race, anecdotal evidence and assumed guilt...it's Nazis all over again with different actors playing the parts.

I'm sure any survivor of Auschwitz would find that comparison to be offensive.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Surely we can think of more useful ways to engage with a question than some kind of "all good" and "all bad" binary.

FWIW, I have studied critical theory and I think its useful in some ways, and not necessarily useful in others. But in a country that obviously has a history of racism, I would rather err on the side of saying that critically looking at how racism affects structures in society is overdue.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well with the legal scholars reasoning listed in the post above I can see why evangelicals would hate this.

There's no "forgiveness" for being of a particular race.
There's no way not to be guilty.
When facts, merit, logic, and reason are thrown away in favor of race, anecdotal evidence and assumed guilt...it's Nazis all over again with different actors playing the parts.
Godwins Law is alive and well.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People of color are entirely free to start acting like white people--it's not our fault if they don't.
That’s mighty White of you.:ebil:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what does having had a Black president have to do with anything?
He’s only half Black, so....

Any theory like CRT will have applicability, but does not define the entire scope of human social actions and thought. But it does make a handy dog whistle for someone as intellectually shallow as the President.

Upvote 0