Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you think one era ranks as more important to Christianity than another? Assuming most Christians would say the life of Christ (and possibly the attending apostolic age) was the most important, would you distinguish the importance of other eras?

I do.

I believe that this "millennium" (church age) is the culmination of all things, the fulfillment and the eschatology of Old Testament prophecy, beginning with the first advent of Christ until he returns again. I stretch an "era" within Christian history with the way God has dealt with men by way of revelation and covenant (even within the Old Testament). All things post-resurrection (of Christ) is the most important era than all others to the Church and to the world.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I believe that this "millennium" (church age) is the culmination of all things, the fulfillment and the eschatology of Old Testament prophecy, beginning with the first advent of Christ until he returns again. I stretch an "era" within Christian history with the way God has dealt with men by way of revelation and covenant (even within the Old Testament). All things post-resurrection (of Christ) is the most important era than all others to the Church and to the world.

That's a big era. Do you ever look at smaller sub-eras?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know. I asked you.

It is all subservient to the big picture.

Some have said that we have entered the "post-Christian" era in the West, while Christianity appears to be dawning in East Asian countries (ex. China). What appears to be the downfall of the major influence of the faith in society in one part of the world has yet to reach its zenith in another part. This is just an example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think one era ranks as more important to Christianity than another? Assuming most Christians would say the life of Christ (and possibly the attending apostolic age) was the most important, would you distinguish the importance of other eras?
I believe the most important era for Christianity is when a pagan Emperor of Rome (Constantine) hi-jacked it and inserted a false one. Immediately convened the Council of Nicaea, then perverted as best he could. When the Reformation happened, they needed to completely start over. But they did not. So, they are just offshoots of that false church.

That is why God admonishes us to "come out of her" (Babylon) in Rev. 18.

Last edited:
Upvote 0